Motion Picture Projectionist!!!
WhAt dO tHeY dO????
What are the working conditions and physical demands?
You should be able to see up close and in a distance and you should be able to identify different colors and shades and brightness. You have to lift 10 to 20 pounds. You walk, stand or run a third of the time. You have to be able to feel and touch things. You are inside most of the time.
Activities during the Job
· Rewinds film to reel
· Inserts film into the reel
· Sets up and adjusts projection light and volume
· Monitors projector operation
· Installs microphones, amplifiers and lights.
· Handles Special Effect Equipment
· Makes minor adjustments and repairs to equipment.
· Inspects films to make sure they're complete and in good condition.
· Starts projectors and opens shutters to project images onto screens.
· Inspects projection equipment
What are the basic skills required on the job?
- Reading comprehension
- Active listening
- Critical Thinking
- Active learning
- Learning strategies
What is the future outlook for this job?
What are the work hours and travel?
You have irregular work hours and you work on the weekends.