Monday Morning Message
March 31, 2014
The Time is NOW!
I hope you had a restful break and are ready to end the 4th quarter of our school year stronger than ever! When I think about the end of the year, I can't help but reflect on the progress this school, this team and these students have made. Regardless of what the test scores say, I know we have made strides daily and this school is on the path to greatness!
I encourage you to keep the main thing, the main thing in your classroom every day. Revisit procedures, reinforce the high expectations that are in place and be a bucket filler daily. Expectations do not change after the "test". There is still much teaching and learning that needs to take place and I look forward to seeing it throughout our school. Spring is the time for some "NO BOX" Thinking! Let's push the envelope of creativity and try some new things! This will keep all of us energized and "fired up" as this year begins to wind down!
4/1-3 IOWA Test grades 1-2
4/4 Benchmark Assembly in Cafeteria
4/7-11 Benchmark Exam
4/8 Pre-K and KG registration
4/8 Pre-K and Kindergarten Registration (p.m.)
4/11 Kindergarten Field Trip
4/15 Popsicles in the Park (behavior incentive)
4/16 Native American Program in cafeteria
4/17 1st Grade Lunch with Loved Ones
4/21 Kindergarten Cap and Gown Pics
- A testing letter to parents will be placed in your boxes and need to be sent home today.
- Please attempt to make contact with those parents that did not show up to conferences.
- Make sure to register for the Co-op workshops asap. They fill up fast.
- We will be continuing our Focus book study during the PD day in April. Please refer back to the Monday Morning Message from March 17th for reflective questions.
- Send names of students that will receive the 3rd 9 week behavior incentive to the office by Friday.
- Send P/T Conference Sign in sheets and signature page for handbook addendum to the office this morning. I will share conference attendance percentages as soon as I have all the sheets in. Shout out to KG and 5th grade teachers for turning in the signature sheets for their grade level before leaving for spring break!
- Please show your students the video below throughout the week and have them practice the dance. This will be part of our Benchmark Assembly on Friday!
Mrs. Brown will email updated testing information today to those involved in the IOWA testing that begins on Tuesday. An email has been sent regarding 2nd and KG activity time changes for the three days of testing. Please remember to take an outside route if going to the library during testing time. Students are to remain quiet in the hallways at all times. Our kids are ready! Believe in them and believe in yourself! We've got this!