CBA Elementary Weekly Newsletter
September 12, 2021
Hello CBA Community!
We hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. The weather has been beautiful! It looks like we have some sunny days ahead. Please be sure to send a water bottle to school each day. Students do spend a lot of time outdoors.
This past week we were able to do something really special as a school community, that we haven't been able to do in a long time. We were able to come together for Pride Time. This is our chance to meet as a school, to celebrate accomplishments big and small, to celebrate birthdays, to recognize our students and our teachers, to say the Pledge of Allegiance as well as our Kind Pledge, and just be together. This past Friday was the first time we were able to do that since March of 2020 and it was amazing! Our fifth grade students lead Pride Time and they did a really excellent job. We look forward to being able to do this more often throughout the year!
Our fourth grade students also experienced our first school field trip in quite some time. The fourth grade classes visited Chester Valley Trail for team building games and community service.
Also this week, we worked on learning our Fire Drill. It was announced ahead of time, allowing teachers to introduce Fire Drill procedures to our students. They did a fantastic job getting out of the building quickly, and quietly. Our next fire drill will be unannounced. We will continue to do them each month.
Our Lock Down drill will be reviewed next week. This is intended to ensure the safety of our students during severe weather and local emergencies, for example. In a Lock Down drill, students and their teacher will secure themselves in their classrooms. Teachers will review procedures with students ahead of time, allowing them opportunities to practice and ask questions.
If you have any questions about our drills, please let us know.
Coming up this week, we have our Back-to-School Nights, via Zoom. Classroom teachers will send out the Zoom ID for the presentations. They will also share their classroom presentations for families who are unable to attend. Pre-K through 1st grade Back-to-School Night will be held on Monday at 6:30pm. 2nd through 5th grade will present on Wednesday at 6:30pm. We are looking forward to sharing more about our school and our programs!
On Friday, September 17th, drop off will be done by walking students into the building! We will not do car line. We miss seeing our families and we would like you to be able to see the teachers and classrooms more regularly! This is something we will be doing more often throughout the year!
Go Eagles & Phillies!
- Monday, 9/13 - Pre-K, K & 1st Grade Back to School Night - 6:30pm via Zoom
- Wednesday, 9/15 - International Dot Day!
- Wednesday, 9/15 - 2nd-5th Grade Back to School Night - 6:30pm via Zoom
- Wednesday, 9/22 - First Day of Fall Apple Cider Donuts Treat!
- Friday, 9/24 - Dress Down Day! No uniforms required!
September Lunch Update
The remainder of the September lunch calendar is now available!
Due to supply shortages, we are unable to include Wawa lunch options this month. We are still working on a menu with Wawa and hope to provide you with their amazing food options during the month of October.
You are still able to purchase lunches on Wednesdays and Fridays!
Please submit your order(s) by Sunday, September 12th.
Car Line Reminders
Please help us keep students and their families safe, by following the directions below for drop off and pick up:
- Prior to drop off, parents are asked to conduct a health screening of students.
- Students attending before care may begin arriving at 7:00am. Parents will be asked to park in the parking lot and walk their students to the front lobby between 7:00 and 7:30am.
- Drop off will be done via car line from 7:30 to 8:30am.
- Drop off for Pre-K, K and 1st grade will be between 8:00am and 8:30am.
- Drop off for 2nd - 5th grade will be between 7:30am and 8:00am.
- Families with siblings in both groups will drop off at the earlier time.
- Please pull all the way up to the sign indicating, Stop Here.
- Students will exit the car at the front entrance of the building. Students must exit on passenger side.
- Parents must stay in the car.
- Students will have their temperature taken upon entering their classroom. If they have a fever of 99.5 or higher, they may not stay at school.
- Pick up will be done via car line.
- Please print the page below, enter your child’s first and last name and grade, and display it on your dashboard, so that the CBA team can clearly see it. Please do not take it down until your child has gotten into the car.
- Pick up for Pre-K, K and 1st grade will be between 3:30pm and 4:00pm.
- Pick up for 2nd-5th grade will be between 3:00pm and 3:30pm.
- Families with siblings in both groups will pick up at the later time.
- Please pull all the way up to the sign that says, “Stop Here”.
- Your student(s) will be called out to pick up.
- Students will enter the car on the passenger side.
- Pull forward to the designated area to fasten seatbelts.
- After care will begin at 3:30pm for 2nd-5th grade, and at 4:00 for Pre-K-1st grade.
- Pick up will be done via car line during after care.
Monthly Calendar - Click on the link below
Pre-K, K and 1st Grade Back to School Night
Monday, Sep. 13th, 6:30-8:30pm
This is an online event.
2nd - 5th Grade Back to School Night
Wednesday, Sep. 15th, 6:30-8:30pm
This is an online event.
CBA PAC Meeting - Meet the PAC!
Tuesday, Sep. 21st, 7pm
This is an online event.
Type in "Chesterbrook Academy" and be sure to choose the West Chester location.