Getting Ready for Research
Building Background Knowledge & Making Connections
How do I begin?
Before you begin, it is a good idea to think about what you already know about that topic. Ask yourself questions like:
- What do I already know about this topic?
- Why am I interested in the topic?
- Have I read a book, seen a movie, or done something related to the topic?
- Have I seen any websites that have to do with this topic?
- What questions do I have about the topic right now?
Watch the video to learn or review how to use what you already know to help you understand something new.
Use Destiny to find books in the RES library that help you build background knowledge or make connections.
Watch the video to learn or review how to make connections with the text. Or, try a making connections activity.
- What you Know about the topic.
- What you Want to know about the topic.
- How you will learn about the topic. (How you will research the topic.)
- What you Learned about the topic from your research.