- Many young women smoked cigarettes.
- the most popular type of music was jazz.
- The number of students attending high school doubled between 1920 and 1930.
- President (Herbert Hoover) believed they should help themselves if they need help.
- the number of students attending high school doubled between 1920 and 1930.
- Black Tuesday October,29,1929.
- in 1920, the 19th amendment to the U.S. Constitution was approved.
- Hendersonville built a new city hall in 1928.
- In the 1920's the Charleston, and the Fox Trot was invented.
- also in the 1920's the made new hairstyles and genuine dresses.
- Henry Ford used his big buying power to set up discount grocery stores selling cheap groceries for his employees
- Nicknamed the roaring 20's and often forgotten because if the Great Depression.
- Many Americans rich and poor followed the great interest each new game, dance, and custom.
- the first color television experiments are performed by Alexander Grahm Bell.
- The limitation on Armaments congress convenes in Washington, D.C.
Life of a teenager
I think that us teenagers would be affected in this day and age in the 1920-1930's. We would probably go insane without our phones. But when the depression hit we would go crazy half of us teenagers would not know whats going on when the depression hit.
when i think about the 1920-1930's i was thinking how could we survive. A lot of teenagers would probably not know what was happening during the depression.
Most children were sold by there parents during the depression just so they could have money for food.
Women Learning how to vote
The 19th Amendment was allowing women vote.