Chemical Smore Assignment
Calcium carbonate (AKA Limestone)
3 USES OF CALCIUM CARBONATE
2. Limestone is used as a building material.
3. Used to purify iron in blast furnaces.
3 chemical properties of calcium carbonate
2. Loss On Ignition (LOI) (30-32%)
3. Silica (SiO2) (15-18%)
3 facts about calcium carbonate you might've not known. (unless you're just super smart.)
2. Over 20%of the world's sedimentary rocks are composed of chalk or limestone.
3. Limestone is inorganic and made up of remains of microscopic animals and foraminifera.