W.A. Perry Library/Media Center
Reading opens the door to your future!
Perry Becomes a STEM School (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- The Perry Media Center supports all STEM courses.
- Perry adds new courses including bio-medical classes, video game development, robotics, engineering, and more.
- Basic technology classes help students learn new techniques and electronic equipment like iMacs, iPads, iPods, and more.
- New books and other research resources are available in the media center.
Learning Common Core Standards
- The Perry librarian has added more books to support Common Core in science, social studies, informational texts, and math.
- The librarian and Richland One tech educators will help students develop research skills.
- The media specialist is working with the technology teachers and STEM coordinator to teach students how to use technology equipment.
Future City Students display their city in the media center.
Students learn about different types of electronics.
STEM night in the media center with electronic gadgets.
Media Center Goals
W.A. Perry Library Media Center Goals are:
- to help each student find his or her favorite books and authors;
- to help each student become a life-long recreational reader;
- to encourage each student to see reading as a major learning tool in school and life;
- to help each student develop responsible technology skills.