High Country News
Family Newsletter for October 2017
Living & Learning the Cougar Way
Vision, Mission, and Core Values
Vision: Walking together on a journey to excellence!
The mission of High Country Elementary is to inspire each child to grow academically and emotionally into lifelong learners through supportive collaboration in a positive environment.
Core Values: What kind of prints do your PAWS make?
Work Toward Success
High Country Student Mission and Chant!
At High Country we want our students to know and live our mission, just like our families and staff do. In order to make this happen, we have designed a kid friendly mission statement and a chant that represent our focus and values as a campus. We will say our mission statement each day on the announcements and close with our High Country chant.
Student Friendly Mission Statement:
As High Country Cougars, we will reach our goals by being respectful and responsible, working together, and challenging ourselves to grow every day.
We're High Country Cougars
And we're ready to grow!
With respect and team work
We'll reach our goals!
- 10/3 Progress Reports Grades 2-5
- 10/3 College Colors Day!
- 10/4 National Walk To School Day
- 10/9-10 FALL HOLIDAY No school for students
- October 18th-23rd pumpkin decorating contest pumpkin entries accepted
- 10/19 First Grade Field Trip to Mainstay Farm
- 10/20 End First 9 Weeks
- 10/20 Fall Pictures
- 10/23 Begin Second 9 Weeks
- 10/23-27 Red Ribbon Week!
- 10/27 Red Ribbon Run
- October 27th- pumpkin decorating winners announced
- 10/31 Cougar Paw Pic-Nics!
- 10/31 Fourth Grade Austin Trip Fundraiser: Wear a book character costume for $1! Give your $1 to your homeroom teacher on the 31st.
- 10/31 Have a Safe and Happy Halloween!
NOVEMBER SNEAK PEEK!
- 11/6-10 Fall Book Fair in library
- 11/10 Early Release: Dismissal at 11:35
- 11/13-17 Fire Safety Week
- 11/20-24 Thanksgiving Holiday No School
- 11/30 Van Cliburn Program for Grades 4-5
Check back frequently as calendar is subject to change