Pottsgrove High School Falcon Marching Band
Week In Review
Our first football game was an away game at Benjamin Franklin High School in Philadelphia on Saturday night. Since this was the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, we only took a small Pep Band to play in the stands. The Falcons fought hard, but could not pull out a victory against the Electrons.
Schedule for this Week
Tuesday and Thursday are rehearsals from 6:30-9:15PM.
Friday is a FREE FRIDAY!
Saturday is a very exciting day for the band. We will be representing our school and school district on a national stage as we travel to Atlantic City, NJ to participate in the Miss America "Show Us Your Shoes" Parade! It will be a long day, but promises to be an amazing experience.
Report time will be 10:45 AM. PLEASE eat before coming to practice. We will rehearse from 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM. Following practice you will have approximately 1 hour to pack, load equipment, eat something, get dressed, and load the bus. Please bring something to eat with you when you come at 10:45 AM, as there will not be enough time to order out. You may not leave campus for food. We MUST leave at 1:45 PM SHARP! We will go “in halves.”
Students should bring the appropriate clothes to wear under their uniforms. PLEASE BRING A SNACK and something to drink on the bus. There will not be a chance to buy any food until after the parade (approx. 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM). Following our performance we will have the opportunity to watch some of the parade before returning to school. Please have money with you if you wish to purchase food or drinks after the parade.
Pick-up time back at PGHS is 12:00 AM. If we are going to be late, students will use cell phones to make contact with parents.
Chaperones for the week
- Mr. Remelius
- Mrs. Remelius
- Mrs. Achuff
- Mr. Thieme
- Ms. Rogers
- Mrs. Lance
Miss America Parade
If you are in Atlantic City on Saturday, keep an eye out for your Falcon Marching Band between Miss Nebraska and Miss Nevada!
The competition itself will be broadcast on ABC Television Network on Sunday, September 13 from 9:00PM - 11:00PM. Although they did use a snippet of our performance in last year's broadcast, we cannot guarantee that Falcons will be featured during this year's pageant.
IMPORTANT UPDATES: VOLUNTEER CLEARANCES
No one will be scheduled to chaperone or assist at ANY rehearsal or performance without updated clearances. For the safety of our students, there are NO EXCEPTIONS.
Chaperone Sign Ups
- NO ONE will be scheduled to chaperone ANY band function without up-to-date clearances. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Signing up for a date does not guarantee that you will chaperone that day. We do our best to rotate through all of our volunteers, giving new and returning parents the opportunity to help with the band.
Bring the flyer from your email (printed or on your phone) and a percentage of your sale will benefit the Falcon Marching Band.
These fundraising proceeds will help the Falcons offset the costs of attending the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl in Atlanta, GA.
2015 Collegiate Marching Band Festival
MANY great bands will perform at this festival, including UMASS, University of Delaware, IUP, and West Chester University. You REALLY don't want to miss this show! Once again, we will have several alumni performing in this festival. We want to have a big crowd to yell their names when they perform.
Tickets are going to be $10.00 if we have at least 20 people attend. If we don't have 20 people sign up, we won't be able to take advantage of this fantastic group rate! We will need to order tickets very soon.
You can order tickets on the Charms Online Store. We will need all interested students, family members, and friends to sign up by Friday, September 11.
2014 CMBF - West Chester University
Matthew Megraw, Stephanie French, Ryan Moser, Victoria Remelius
2014 CMBF - West Chester University
Erin Amole, Jamal Reddick
2014 CMBF - California University of PA
Wawa Hoagie Coupons
Contact Amy Marazas with any questions. She can be reached at 215-200-1600 or email@example.com
Pottsgrove Music Festival
Doors open at 6:30PM at Lower Pottsgrove Elementary Cafeteria.
We are still looking for chaperones, so if you are free - please contact Pete Robles! he can be reached at 215-292-5459 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-sale tickets are $7 and tickets at the door are $8. All pre-sale tickets are due at the beginning of practice on Tuesday, September 15th.
Need more tickets? See Jenn Carr after practice!
We are also looking for the students to volunteer at the pancake breakfast. Please sign up to volunteer your time!
For more specific information, contact Amy Marazas.
Important Reminders from Your Handbook
- If you are going to miss any part of a rehearsal or performance, please remember that you must submit a note to Mr. Holladay two weeks PRIOR to the scheduled event.
- It is extremely important that you review ALL of the material in your handbook pertaining to uniforms, performances, and football games.
- As a reminder, in an effort to continue looking uniform, you may not wear earrings, necklaces, bracelets, or other visible jewelry while in uniform. Also, no visible fingernail polish, other than clear coat, is to be worn while in uniform. Clear coat with glitter is also prohibited. If you have any questions about the dress code, please ask Mr. Holladay.
- REMEMBER - black band shoes AND black socks are required every time the band is in uniform. White gloves will be made available on Fridays for anyone who needs to purchase them. Flute and clarinet players will need to cut the fingertips out of your gloves in order to play. Leave time to do so if you purchase gloves on Friday, prior to a game.
- All band members should follow these guidelines when loading and unloading the trailer:
1. You should NEVER leave your instruments on the ground outside of the trailer. Each member is responsible for handing their instrument to a parent on the trailer and may NOT leave the trailer area until they see their instrument loaded.
2. Always be courteous!
3. When arriving at school following a performance, you MUST unload the trailer BEFORE proceeding to the band room. The trailer MUST be unloaded FIRST!
- The pick-up times are posted in the Falcon Call in order to allow time for students to arrive back at school, put equipment away, and be ready for pick-up. Please refrain, unless in an emergency, from using the school phones to notify parents that you need to be picked up. Mr. Holladay will do his best to make these pick-up times as generous as possible. Please don’t keep chaperones and staff members waiting here at school longer than necessary.
Following the band’s dismissal to load the bus, any students who have followed the proper guidelines MUST check out with Mr. Holladay, and the person responsible for their transportation must be present.
- September 10 - Rehearsal
- September 11 - FREE FRIDAY NIGHT!
- September 12 - MISS AMERICA PARADE
- September 14 - FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
- September 15 - Rehearsal
- September 17 - Rehearsal & Parent Preview Night
- September 18 - HOME GAME (Military Appreciation Night) vs. Perkiomen Valley HS
- September 19 - MINI CAMP - 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- September 22 - Rehearsal
- September 24 - Rehearsal
- September 25 - AWAY GAME - Phoenixville HS
- September 26 - COMPETITION - Boyertown HS
- September 29 - Rehearsal
- September 30 - 2 Hour Early Release
- October 1 - Rehearsal
- October 2 - HOME GAME (Pink Out Night)
- October 3 - COMPETITION - West Chester East
- October 6 - Rehearsal
- October 8 - Rehearsal
- October 9 - AWAY GAME - Spring-Ford HS
- October 10 - COMPETITION - Marple-Newtown
- October 13 - Rehearsal
- October 14 - Rehearsal
- October 15 - Homecoming Bonfire
- October 16 - HOME GAME (Homecoming)
- October 17 - Homecoming Dance
- October 20 - Rehearsal
- October 21 - Pottstown Halloween Parade
- October 22 - Rehearsal
If you wish to purchase one or more of the items, please order from the Online Store in Charms. Hats are $20, Beanies are $12, and the Ear Warmers are $10. These items are not limited to band students.
We always enjoy seeing our friends and family supporting our organization with pride. So feel free to purchase any of the aforementioned merchandise!
Photos & Videos
Miss America Parade
Saturday, Sep. 12th, 5pm
Atlantic City, NJ, United States
Atlantic City, NJ
Home Game - Military Appreciation Night
Friday, Sep. 18th, 7-10pm
1345 Kauffman Road
Boyertown Cavalcade of Bands
Saturday, Sep. 26th, 6pm
120 North Monroe Street
Comprised of 55 students in grades 9 through 12, the Falcon Marching band performs at all home and away football games, local events and parades, and competes in the Cavalcade of Band circuit throughout the fall.
In addition to local performances, the ensemble has had several opportunities to perform on the national stage. Over the past ten years, the band has participated in Washington DC's Cherry Blossom Parade, the Bridgeport Education Holiday Bowl (San Diego, CA), and the Miss America Parade (Atlantic City, NJ). In December, the band will make its first appearance at the 2015 Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl in Atlanta, GA.
For a full schedule of performances, please contact Mr. Victor Holladay, Band Director.