Miss Werner's Newsletter
April 8th, 2016
Field Trip to Paradise Park
Thank you to our parent volunteers for being awesome helpers!
This week in Math Workshop we finished our unit on Measurement. Your child learned about comparing objects by length, weight, and capacity. Our next unit will focus on shapes in which your child will learn about 2D and 3D shapes and their characteristics. We will also spend some time focusing on comparing shapes based on their sides and angles.
Questions to Ask Your Child
- What spelling pattern did you work on during Words Their Way this week?
- What problem are you writing about in Writer's Workshop? How do you think this problem can be fixed?
- What tool did you use in class this week to compare the weight of various objects?
- What was your favorite part about the field trip to Paradise Park?
- Which habit are you going to focus on this weekend?