The wonderful play writer and actor
All about his great life achivements
William Shakespeare was an English poet,play write,and actor. Some of his famous plays are Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet. in his life, William wrote 37 plays and 154 sonnets. Shakespeare was also an actor who had performed in many of his plays and other playwrights. He is often called England's national poet. William had changed and invented words. William Shakespeare also introduced almost 3,000 words to the English language that we still use today.
William Shakespeare's childhood.
Historians believe that William Shakespeare was born on April 23,1564 and died also on April 23 of 1616, Therefore he died on his 52nd birthday. He was born and lived in Avon, England. His actual birthday is unknown because in England at that time people birthdays were not formally registered and birth certificates were not produced. William was the third of eight children. Four of them died from the "Black Death"
Interesting Facts about William Shakespeare
- In 2013 William Shakespeare was the 2nd most searched author, Next to Martin Luther King Jr.
- He was buried in the Holy Trinity church and he put a curse on anyone daring to move his body from his "final resting place."
- William is the second most quoted writer in the English language, after the various writers of the Bible.
- Almost four hundred years after Shakespeare’s death there are 157 million pages referring to him on google . There are 132 million for God, 2.7 million for Elvis Presley, and 14.7 million forGeorge W Bush.
- Shakespeare lived a double life. By the seventeenth century he had become a famous playwright in London but in his hometown of Avon, where his wife and children were, and which he visited frequently, he was a well known and highly respected businessman and property owner.
- The American President Abraham Lincoln was a great fan of Shakespeare's plays and frequently recited from them to his friends. His assassin, John Wilkes Booth was a famous Shakespearean actor.
William Shakespeare - Mini Biography