April 25, 2022
Messages from Principal Lefere
WRAPPING UP CMAS
From what I saw and heard, students put in a lot of effort to show what they know!
Thanks for partnering with the staff at Howbert and making sure students were prepared to do their very best.
OUTDOOR LEARNING PATHWAY SUPPORT NEEDED!
Howbert Elementary is on the Board of Education agenda (non-action) for recommendation as an outdoor learning pathway school. Following are the details:
- Wednesday, April 27th board meeting (begins at 5:30 in the district administration building).
- You can show support by attending the meeting as a parent/guardian and bringing your Howbert student(s).
- The board will probably consider pathway schools close to 7:00. If you are going to attend, please be there between 6:15 and 6:45.
- You can also choose to speak in support of our pathway application during public comments at the beginning of the meeting (5:30). Use the following link for more information and to sign up to make a public comment https://www.d11.org/Page/1782
Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.
PTO OUTDOOR AMPHITHEATER UPDATE
They are estimated to be done by Monday, May 2nd, just in time for the orchestra and band concert.
THANK YOU PTO!
We are excited about the opportunity this will provide our students for outdoor learning.
We need volunteers for the following:
- I am looking for some Dads to help with a teacher appreciation event on Tuesday, May 3rd. Click the link here for more information and to sign-up to volunteer.
- We need one or two parents/guardians to serve on our One Plan team. The One Plan is a comprehensive plan that focuses on school improvement. We will be collaborating as a team on May 25th and 26th from 8:00-4:00 at Howbert Elementary. If you would like to volunteer at any time on either day, please click the link here to sign up.
- We are looking for parents/guardians to serve on the Howbert Guiding Coalition as chair or co-chair for 2022-2023. If you are interested and would like to find out more, please click the link here.
Field Day Volunteers Needed
Howbert Field Day is Thursday, May 19th from 7:30-10:30 AM. The students need your help running events. Please sign up for a primary event (K-2) or an intermediate event(3-5). Lunch will be provided for all helpers.
Upcoming Clubs and Activities
- The hike will begin at 1:00 at the white chapel at Rock Ledge Ranch.
- The hike will be approximately 1 hour long and cover 1-2 miles in Rock Ledge Ranch and Garden of the Gods.
- Parents/Guardians will be required to sign a permission form for each child (form download link can be found below).
- Children must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Please dress appropriately and wear sunscreen.
VARIETY SHOW DETAILS
Variety Show Dress Rehearsals are on Friday, May 6th from 2:30-4:00 p.m. All students that were contacted that they are part of the show are required to attend.
The Variety Show will be on Friday, May 13th from 1:30-2:30 p.m. in the gym. Families are invited to attend.
POKEMAN CLUB - 1st and 2nd Grade
Come join us in the Nest on Tuesday, April 26th, from 2:30-4:00 p.m. Students may bring their own Pokemon cards to show others and to trade. There will also be fun activities centered around Pokemon.
Please fill out the form linked below (which serves as a permission slip) and send in $1 for snacks and supplies by 9:00 a.m. on Monday, April 25th, with your child. If the form is filled out but the fee is not sent in, the student will lose his/her spot in the club. If too many students want to be in the club, we will hold a lottery.
Youth Mental Health - I Matter.
Dear Howbert Families,
The I Matter program, launched by the State of Colorado, provides access to mental health services for youth. The program is open to youth 18 years of age or younger or 21 years of age or younger if receiving special education services. At this time, they are offering up to SIX FREE sessions (some in-person sessions available).
You can visit the website below to take a confidential online survey about your child's mental health and schedule sessions with a licensed clinician.
This event is being provided by the Howbert PTO.
Click the link below and register to attend the Family Tech Talk on Tuesday, May 10th beginning at 6:00 p.m. (virtual).
Howbert Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
The Howbert PTO meets the 2nd Thursday of every month at 4pm. We will be meeting in-person but will also have a virtual option for those that would prefer to attend on WebEx (click here to join).
*** Our last meeting of the school year is on Thursday, May 12th @ 4pm ***
We would love to see you at the meetings! It is a great way to share your thoughts, hear about happenings in the school and support the Howbert staff and students. And you don't have to commit to anything! Come to as many or as few meetings as works for you and your schedule.
OPEN BOARD POSITIONS
Are you interested in getting more involved? We have several board positions open that need to be filled in order for the PTO to run effectively:
- Vice President
- Luncheon Host
If you are interested in one of these positions, please let us know at a meeting or email howbertPTO@gmail.com .
📞Howbert Contact Info📱
Monday - Friday 7:30am - 3:30pm
Monday - Friday 8am - 2:30pm
Front Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tech Help: email@example.com