Preview of the Week
Dec. 5th - 9th
This Week @ The Realm
Welcome to Week #16
Grading Window will open this Wednesday, December 7th. The end of the Grading Period is Thursday, December 15th and grades are due on Friday, December 16th by Noon.
- Minimum Day Final Exam Schedule starts, Tuesday, Dec. 13th - Thursday, Dec. 15th. Friday, Dec. 16th is a non-student work/grading day. SMHS does not permit early Finals. If a student is absent during a Final they can make it up the first 3 weeks of 2nd Semester for a grade change.
- Fun Before Finals Dress-Up Week
Monday: Prd. 0-7
- Admin Math Studios Training in AM
Tuesday: LATE START / Extended 3rd Prd. RSVP Schedule - Prd. 1- 7
- Student Assessment Make-Up Sessions (8 - 9:10 a.m. in Rm. 305)
- Team PLC Meetings in Classrooms
- Math Teacher Studios Training in Rm. 305
- ** 3rd Prd. RSVP - 3 Online Surveys - Healthy Kids, Panorama SEL, SMUSD Mental Health
- LINK CREW Pop-Ins / English Classrooms
- MTSS Committee Meeting #2 in Rm. 305 @ 3:30 p.m.
- Girls Soccer Game - Frosh 4 pm / JV 5:30 pm / Var 7 pm vs Great Oak
- Girls Water Polo Match JV/ Var vs SPHS @ Palomar College
Wednesday: Prd. 0,1,3,5
- New Teacher Meeting @ 8 AM
- Job Fair in Student Union @ Lunch
- College Apps Support Workshop in Future Center 5th Prd.
- Student Assessment Make-Up Sessions (3:30 - 5 p.m. in Rm. 305)
- PTO Meeting in FISHBOWL @ 3:30 p.m.
- Choir Concert @ 6 pm in Theater - Ms. Hershkowitz
- Girls Basketball Game JV 5:30 pm / Var 7 pm vs Mira Mesa
Thursday: Prd. 0,2,4,6
- New AP Ambassador Welcome Luncheon - Rm 263
- Duck & Cover/Evacuation Drill
- College Apps Support Workshop in Future Center 6th Prd.
- Girls Varsity Soccer Game vs Eastlake
- Jazz Winter Concert @ 6 pm in Theater
Friday: Prd. 0- 7
- NCAA Clearinghouse Presentation in Cafe @ 1:30 p.m. - Ms. Berry/Mr. Jones
- ASB - Coco and Cram Event in Student Union after school
- Girls Basketball JV 5:30 p.m. / Var 7 p.m. Game vs Carlsbad
- Girls Water Polo JV/ Var vs Oceanside @ Palomar College
- AFJROTC Raider's Competition on Track - McLouth
SMHS STORIES TO SHARE
Fall Show - Cinderella Success
Shout-out to Dance Directors Leah Bagheri, and Jacky Goldberg, Assistant Coaches, and our supportive Dance parent volunteers.
Congratulations Model United Nations Delegates!
SMHS Hosts CIF Cheer Comp
Choir Community Performance
Camp Lead 2.0
SMHS returned to Camp Lead last week with a whole new group of students. Thanks to the funding secured by our state leaders, this program works to build students' leadership, confidence, and compassion capacities. Thank you to our staff for working so hard to make this a reality for our students.
Check out the CBS Zevely Zone interview with our students/staff below:
KORT @ Double Peak School
Tuesday - 3rd Prd RSVP - Social Emotional Learning Surveys
During 3rd Prd. RSVP Tuesday students will be sharing their voices via online surveys. All students in Grades 9-12 will participate. There are 3 online surveys to complete. Students will receive 3 links from me on Tuesday AM.
#1 Panorama SEL Survey:
The Panorama survey will provide school-based mental health professionals and administrators with actionable data to help support the mental health needs of individual students. This data can be used to identify students that need tier 2, and possibly tier 3 interventions. The survey should take approx. 10 minutes to complete.
#2 Mental Health Campaign Survey:
The purpose of this survey is to establish baseline data for SMUSD’s Mental Health Campaign and interventions. This survey data will be used to monitor the impact of our mental health programs and outreach efforts. The survey should take approx. 5 minutes to complete.
#3 CA Healthy Kids Survey:
The California Healthy Kids Survey (CHKS) is an anonymous, confidential survey of school climate and safety, student wellness, and youth resiliency. It enables schools and communities to collect and analyze data regarding local youth health risks and behaviors, school connectedness, school climate, protective factors, and school violence. The survey should take approx. 15 minutes to complete.
Let's Get into the Holiday Spirit!!
Yearbook Shots of the Week
David Perez: Student reading intently
Vivianna Morgan: Mrs. Brown and student talking
Ricky Maiatico: Student working on laptop and crowd shot
Michael Herold: Student at lunch