Volcano and Earthquake Project
By: Ben, Collin, and Rachel
Name and date of earthquake: Charleston: August 31, 1886.
What type of boundary caused the earthquake: Intraplate.
What was the magnitude of the earthquake: 7.0
What was the location of the epicenter: Charleston, SC in USA.
What was the depth of the focus: 20 Miles.
How many deaths resulted from the earthquake: 60.
How much damage did the earthquake cause: $5-6 million dollars.
Volcanoes: Mount Saint Helens
- Name of Volcano: Mount Saint Helens.
- Where is the volcano located: Washington.
- What type of volcano is it: Stratovolcano.
- What major cities are in danger if it erupts: Wyoming, Nevada, Colorado, the Dakotas and Nebraska.
- When was the last major eruption: May 18, 1980
- How many deaths resulted from the last major eruption: 27 dead, 47 lost.
- How much damage did the last eruption cause: Several million dollars.
- Is there anything else interesting about this volcano: It's a state park.