...it's Bigger Than Basketball
What You'll See In This Newsletter
1) Summer Report - You probably had a busy summer, we did a few things too
2) Upcoming Clinics - get ready to hear about 6 new clinics starting around the GTA this October
3) Keep Up - since we can't meet you in person yet, online will do. This is where to find us.
====What's DeenUP Athletics?
This is a social startup that is dramatically changing youth with sports and training programs. Get fit, stay smart, aim high and do your very best.
So far, we've run Basketball Training Clinics around Toronto and run educational programs on sports and nutrition.
You Met In Summer, Here's What We've Been Up To...
DeenUP’s inaugural summer programs were a tremendous success, as we collaborated with two faith-based youth service organizations in Toronto’s “priority” communities.
1) Trainers Adeel Sahibzada and Ibrahim Tiamiyu hosted clinics in the Regent Park community for youth who participated in Masjid Umer Bin al-Khattab’s Young Generation (Young Ge) Program. With Nike Sparq training, Plyometrics, core strength/stability exercises, and a full dose of skill development drills we still incorporated educational discussions on nutrition, mental focus, and goal setting. DeenUP Athletics loved bringing our basketball training program downtown.
2) In partnership with the Muslim Basketball Association (MBA), DeenUP Athletics hosted over 70 children and youth. We had to be versatile, holding private sessions for elite high school athletes as well as bringing our skill development training in ball handling, shooting, defense, rebounding and inside scoring.
It was a complete summer of training. Got to work with 100+ kids and youth.
DeenUP @Muslim Fest
Bringing the summer of 2012 to an unofficial end on Labour Day weekend, the team introduced itself to Mississauga at Muslim Fest.
In a true show of their teamwork and fitness prowess, we put young athletes to the test with various agility obstacle courses, vertical leap test, as well as player assessments. On the Sunday of the festival DeenUP & Pan/ParaPan Games Toronto came together to run time trials and shooting drills. Few guys really brought their speed and took our shirts for the fastest times.
Upcoming Clinics - Starting In October!
Take Your Game To The Next Level
If you want to get better at basketball, we’ve got 6 clinics in Toronto. One of them has to be close to you.
Philip Pocock Catholic Secondary School
4555 Tomken Road
Mississauga, ON L4W 1J9
Fletchers Meadows Secondary School
10750 Chinguacousy Road
Brampton, ON L7A 2Z7
Milliken Mills High School
7522 Kennedy Rd
Markham, ON L3R 0V3
Salaheddin Islamic Centre
741 Kennedy Road
Scarborough, ON M1K 3N8
Victoria Park Collegiate Institute
15 Wallingford Rd.
Toronto, ON M3A 2V1
Join before September 30th to save money and get bonus trainings!
Just like we take your game to the next level, we need to be up there too.
We're in the process of getting a brand-new website done, make it look good and easier for you...but we can’t tell you everything right now.
While off the court, the fastest and easiest way to get in touch with us is through our Facebook.
That's where we share articles, videos, and always useful tips to help your game.
No, we’re not always performing ball drills or doing suicide-sprints. We also try our luck at writing a thing or two, an article here and another piece there.
Check it out - www.BiggerThanBasketball.com
And hey, if you or someone you know wants to contribute to the blog, do let us know. We would love to hear from you.