Speed with a direction
V= (change in distance/(change in time)
Average Velocity= displacement/ time
Instantaneous velocity: the measure of velocity at a specific time.
- direction of the velocity vector is the same direction the object moves
- relevant, needs a reference point
EX: 440/8 = 55 mi due west
1. is the SI unit for velocity m/s? True or false?
2. If Carlie's private jet travels a distance of 12,500 miles in 1 hr, what would the velocity of the jet be?
3. True or false? Velocity is ignorant of direction?
4. A toy car moves 8 m in 4 s at the constant velocity. What is the car’s velocity?
1. True 2. 3.91 m/s northeast 3. False 4. 2 m/s