Being the Best Digital Citizen You Can Be!
What Are Safe Choices on the Internet?
- Know the difference between online friends and in-person friends
- Don't share personal information over the web
- Create strong passwords
- Choose good websites to visit
- Recognize unsafe sites
What is Cyberbullying and How Do We Prevent It?
Cyberbullying is bullying that occurs through electronic technology.Some examples are when someone sends mean text messages or posts mean messages through social media websites.
Students and Parents alike can put a stop to it.
- Report any bullying they see
- Use the THINK Model before any communication
- Establish rules about technology use
- Be aware of what their kids are doing online and monitor their use
- Understand school rules and policies
What is Digital Literacy?
Having Digital Literacy means having the ability to use information and communication technologies to find, evaluate, create, and communicate information. It also reflects the ability to critically think and analyze the sources used and recognize media influences. To become digitally literate generally reflects understanding and use of new technology.