VCR Lesson 7
By: Ritvik Bodducherla
Fill In the Blank
China was ruled by ______________ for many centuries.
1. A succession of rulers from the same family group or line.
2. A succession of influential people linked by familial, political, social, or cultural association.
- The dynasty attained the height of its power under Rudra Singh, who is said to have ascended the throne in 1695.
- The Shang dynasty was one of the first Chinese dynasties.
- The Kardashian dynasty is in every tabloid right now.
- Dunamis (Greek): Power
There are no direct antonyms for dynasty, but:
- Non bloodline government
Circle the letter in which the word in bold-faced type is used incorrectly
- The Duck Dynasty runs a highly successful duck hunting business.
- The Mughal dynasties in India were originally from Persia.
- The CEO of the company is a dynastic person.
- The company of Clocks.org is run by a dynasty; it is a family-owned business.