A week in #woolife!
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Welcome back to Worcester State!
Housing Intent Form 2015
Room Selection for the 2015–2016 academic year will be getting underway shortly. Students wishing to return to housing will be required to complete the Housing Intent Form, which is available now! The Housing Intent Form must be completed and submitted by Monday, January 26, 2015 by 5pm. Please click below to complete the form!
Room Selection 2015 Information
We have substantially increased our on-campus housing for returning students. We believe this additional housing will accommodate our current student demand, and we do not expect to have a waitlist. However, we are planning for all possibilities, so we do have a structure for a waitlist even though we do not believe that we will have a need for a waitlist.
Please remember that housing is not guaranteed to all current resident students.
Students wishing to return to housing will be required to complete the Housing Intent Form, which is currently available online HERE. The Housing Intent Form must be completed and submitted by Monday, January 26, 2015 by 5pm.
Once a student has completed a Housing Intent Form:
- The student will be assigned a random lottery number.
- The students will then be placed in order by lottery number.
All students who have completed a Housing Intent Form for the fall 2015 semester will receive a letter in their on-campus mailbox by Monday, February 2, 2015. This letter will indicate whether you have been approved to pay a room reservation deposit and participate in the room selection process or if you have been placed on the housing waitlist for the fall 2015 semester.
If you have been approved to participate in the room selection process, please keep the following in mind:
- You must pay the $150 room reservation deposit (nonrefundable) in person between the dates of Wednesday, February 4, 2015 and Tuesday, February 10, 2015. Failure to pay the room reservation deposit by Tuesday, February, 10, 2015, will result in forfeiture of housing for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Bring the approval letter when you come to pay the room reservation deposit.
- The room reservation deposit must be in the form of a check or money order made payable to “Worcester State University.” Cash, credit cards or OneCard payments will not be accepted.
- You will receive a receipt, your lottery number, and the guide to the room selection process when you have paid your room reservation deposit.
If the demand for housing is greater than our new housing capacity then we will be forced to use a housing waitlist. This is how the waitlist will work if it is needed.
- If any spaces remain after the first round of deposits, then a second round will be completed with names pulled from the waitlist. Students who will be taken from the waitlist and allowed to pay a deposit will be notified on Thursday, February 12, 2015 via mailbox and email.
- The second round of deposits will be taken from Thursday, February 12, 2015 through Wednesday, February 18, 2015.
Students will select their specific room during the last two weeks of February.
Prior to selecting your room assignment for the upcoming academic year, you will be required to read and sign an online Residence Hall License Agreement. This is a legally binding contractual agreement, committing students to living on campus for the full academic year. If someone else pays your university expenses, please discuss this with them before you sign the Residence Hall License Agreement. Please see below the tentative room and meal plan rates for 2015-2016.
Tentative Room Rates per Semester
Current 2014-2015 Meal Plan Rates (increase for 2015-2016 is anticipated but not yet set)
7 Meals per week
plus $450 dining dollars
10 Meals per week
plus $175 dining dollars
14 Meals per week
plus $125 dining dollars
19 Meals per week
Plus $50 dining dollars
90 or more credits only -
65 meals per semester
plus $300 dining dollars
Once a room assignment is selected, it cannot be changed until the room selection process is completed. Therefore, it is advisable that you read all room selection materials carefully and make well-informed choices.
If you have any questions, please stop by the Office of Residence Life and Housing in Sheehan Hall 101 or contact us at (508) 929-8074 or email@example.com.