Alpha Five Tattler
VOLUME I EDITION VIII : EVENING EDITION
Quote of the Week:
The Professor's Recommendation:
Hi, all --
If you want even more Kenyan culture in your week (and who wouldn't?) then catch Monday's screening of the film Nairobi Half Life, which features one of Just a Band's songs on its soundtrack. Details:
African Studies Film Series Presents:
NAIROBI HALF LIFE
Directed by David Tosh | 2012 | 96 min.
Monday, April 27
A young, aspiring actor from upcountry Kenya dreams of becoming a success in the big city. In pursuit of this and to the chagrin of this brother and parents, he makes his way to Nairobi: the city of opportunity. He quickly understands why Nairobi is nicknamed Nairroberry as he is robbed of all his money and belongings and left in a city where he doesn’t know a soul.
Sponsored by the History Program, Division of Arts & Humanities.Have a great week, everyone. Hang in there! The end is in sight.
The Funnies: Great Sheldon Cooper Quotes from the Big Bang Theory !
1. My new computer came with Windows 7. Windows 7 is much more user-friendly than Windows Vista. I don't like that.
2. What exactly does that expression mean, "Friends with benefits. Does he provide her with health insurance?"
3. I am not insane. My mother had me tested.
4. There is no denying that I have feelings for you that can't be explained in any other way. I briefly considered that I had a brain parasite, but that seems even more far fetched. The only conclusion was love.
5. In Papa New Guinea, There's a tribe when a hunter flaunts his success to the rest of the village, they kill him and drive away evil spirits with a drum made of his skin. Superstitious nonsense, of course, but one can see their point.