by Dorian Gray
Duke Early Years
Duke's Life as a Professional Musician
- Being one of the greatest jazz composers, he had a huge impact on popular music in the 1920's. He has been doing what he loved for over 50 years. Today his recordings are still part of most popular jazz music of the big-band era.
- Duke Ellington died May 24, 1974. He was buried at Woodlawn Cemetery. The Duke Ellington School of Arts in Washington D.C., was devoted to his legacy in music. After Ellington's death, the Duke Ellington Orchestra continued as the Ghost Band, which was led by his son Mercer Ellington.
This is Duke Ellington's Pulitzer Prize in recognition of his music
Above is a picture of Duke Ellington's jazz orchestra.
This is the Duke Ellington School of Arts
- What instruments do u here?
- what does the song make you think of?
- Do You like the song, why or why not?