HSSD Construction Update
October and November 2022
This publication showcases construction progress made across the district. The projects listed are the result of the successful April 2021 referendum, in which residents voted to approve $98 million in facilities updates at all eight HSSD schools. Please visit our Facilities Update website to view weekly editions of this publication and to learn more about these projects.
Keeping Traditions Alive
Bay View students signed 5x5 pieces of the gym floor, which were removed as part of construction. These signed boards will be placed in the new Galley (commons area) with a plaque stating that the space was the original Bay Port Gym from 1963
The concrete topping slab over the precast plank in the wrestling room has been poured. Framing is being installed in the skylight openings.
- Area D: Casework installation, painting, and rubber flooring.
- Area G: Wall work on west and north walls of gym and roof blocking.
- Area C: Painting and ceiling grid installation, framing of walls and soffits, hanging of drywall, and kitchen/servery walls.
Progress in the gym continues, acoustical deck has been installed, and brick veneer is finishing up.
Painting is in progress.
- Final painting, ceiling install, lighting and flooring in Area B, which is coming to completion.
- Roofing activities will start on the new gym. Heating in the new gym will also begin.
- The locker room progress will continue to make way for drywall in Area D.