Welcome Wise Owls!
Wise Owls Newsletter #2, Fall 2014
Temple University Homecoming 2014 is October 10-12!
HOMECOMING 2014 CHPSW TAILGATE!!!
Saturday, Oct. 11th, 10am-1pm
1 Lincoln Financial Field Way, Philadelphia, PA, United States, Lot K
We will have a tent with free food and lots of giveaways!
An opportunity to network with others in your college.
We hope to see you there, keep calm and cherry on!
Keep in Mind: Registration is Approaching!
If, at the end of this semester, you have ....
1-28.9 credits: Monday, November 3rd at 7:00 am
29-36.9 credits: Friday, October 31st at 7:00 am
37-54.9 credits: Thursday, October 30th at 7:00 am
55-63.9 credits: Wednesday, October 29th at 7:00 am
It is extremely important to meet with advisor for your major each semester. Not sure who yours is? Below is a link to the CHPSW Advising website, where you will be able to find names and locations of your respective CHPSW advisors on the right-hand side.
Take a look!
Where On Campus Is...
THE CAREER CENTER?
- Drop-in, or
- Schedule an in-person appointment for career coaching.
Upcoming Events - Career Week!
Thursday, Sep. 25th, 10am to Thursday, Oct. 2nd, 4pm
N Broad St
Some of the key events are:
Monday 9/29, 9:00am - 4:30pm, Career Center in Mitten Hall Room 220
- Participate in videotaped mock interviews with professionals
- Receive feedback and digital copy of interview
- Sign up following the directions from the Career Center Mock Interview page: http://www.temple.edu/provost/careercenter/students/mock-interviews.html
“Discover Your Options”
Tuesday 9/30, 12:00pm - 2:00pm, Student Center Room 220C
- For first year and second year students
- Meet with representatives and gather information about undergraduate degree programs, career responsibilities, graduate school information, and study abroad options
For a full list of events, you can view the Career Center calender here
Tip of the Week from your Peer Advisers: Moderate your study habits
Study in increments and designate study breaks
- For example: study diligently for 30-45 minutes, and then relax for 5-10 minutes (grab a snack, watch a YouTube video, go for a walk around your residence hall or the library or TECH center)
It has been supported in cognitive psychological research that studying in "chunks" helps a student to retain more information from their study sessions. By taking breaks, your mind naturally remembers information from the beginning and the end of a study "chunk", therefore leading to more overall retained knowledge. And always remember, put that incessantly distracting cell phone away until it is time for your study break! They will make or break a good study session.
What's going on in Philly?
There are plenty of fun activities to do there from outdoor movies and concerts, to StylePop art, which brings forward clothing, jewelry, and crafts from a variety of designers.
Before the cold weather strikes the city, this would be a great get-away from campus with your friends, family, or significant other. The best part is, it's only a subway ride away! Get on the Broad street line and get off at the City Hall stop, and you will be right there. Simple enough!