Winborn Eagle Eye
Wednesday, September 2, 2015
Calendar - Thursday, September 3rd - Wednesday, September 9th
Thursday, 9/3 - Rotation Day 2; Core Essentials - Wear Green! 3rd Gr. Orientation 6pm
Friday, 9/4 - Rotation Day 3
Monday, 9/7 - School Holiday!
Tuesday, 9/8 - Rotation Day 4
Wednesday, 9/9 - Rotation Day 5; Drama Club 3:45pm
· Parents are encouraged to limit their visits in the cafeteria in order to promote student independence and peer relationships. Campuses may choose to limit the number of visits to the cafeteria that a parent may make.
· During the first two weeks of school, the District asks that parents of kindergarteners not visit during lunch as students are learning independence with routines and procedures.
· Each visitor will need to bring a driver’s license or photo identification in order to be cleared to visit the cafeteria.
· Visitors or guests of the campus are expected to behave appropriately. Visitors have no authority to discipline children.
· Due to space and safety concerns, lunch visitors are restricted to parents/step-parents/guardians, non-school aged siblings, grandparents (with written permission from the parent) and campus mentors per GKC (REGULATION). Visitors do not include aunts, uncles, or neighbors.
· Lunch visitors are limited to three (3) guests per student per day except on days designated by the campus as a Special event. (i.e. Grandparent Day). Unusual circumstances may be approved/addressed by the principal.
· Special tables may be designated for visitors.
· Only students eating with eligible visitors may eat at the designated table.
· Parents should bring food for their children only.
· Visits at lunch are limited to the 30-minute lunch period. Parents should say their good-byes at the cafeteria door and return to the front office to exit the building. Visitors should not expect to follow students out to recess or back to the classrooms per GKC (REGULATION)
· Visitors who repeatedly disregard cafeteria expectations may lose the privilege of coming to the lunchroom.
· Parents are not allowed to remove their children from the cafeteria for any reason without permission from a staff member on duty in the cafeteria. A parent wishing to check out their child must do this through the front office.
· Due to privacy issues outlined in FERPA, no photos/videos with cell phones or other electronic devices or cameras are allowed in the cafeteria per GKC ( REGULATION)
· Strollers create a safety issue in a crowded cafeteria. Designated stroller parking may be established on the campus. If so, strollers are to be parked in this area during lunch.
September Core Essential
September's Core Essential is Initiative/Beaver/Green. Wear Green on Thursday, September 3rd.
September 3rd for Initiative - Seeing what needs to be done and doing it.
Every Kid in the Park Initiative Program
Part of the White House’s “Every Kid in the Park” initiative, this program is made possible by the National Park Service and National Park Foundation.
Upcoming Grade Level Orientations
Below is a schedule of our grade level orientations for Grades 2 - 5. We will have activities in the library for our students while you are attending the orientation.
Thursday, September 3rd - 3rd Gr. Orientation 6pm
Thursday, September 10th - 4th Gr. Orientation 6pm
Tuesday, September 15th - 2nd Gr. Orientation 6pm
Thursday, September 17th - 5th Gr. Orientation 6pm
PTA General Meeting - September 17th 5:45pm
Please join us for the first PTA General meeting of the 2015-2016 school year on Thursday, September 17th at 5:45pm. Our PTA board members and our Winborn staff appreciates the support of our wonderful parents and community in supporting our PTA Board and all that the PTA provides to our school.
The PTA meeting will be followed by 5th Grade Orientation at 6pm and then the Constitution Day Program put on by our music teachers, Mrs. Montilla and Mrs. Herrera and our 5th grade students!