March 21, 2016
We, the Bethany Community, are dedicated to provide an excellent education and to instill a life-long love of learning that will maximize each student’s success in a competitive 21st Century World
I hope you all had a fantastic weekend and came back rejuvenated and ready for a fantastic four day week! It's going to be a great one!!
This week's Monday Minutes will be short. Thanks to those who have completed the Google form sharing their thoughts and plans for next year. If you have not received the form or completed it, please let me know so that everyone can have it filled out by Wednesday of this week.
As we get closer to the STAAR test, many of us become anxious. I encourage you to remember that this silly test is the result of YEARS of instruction for our students. While we want them to work hard and do their personal best, please remember that they will feed off of our emotional state. If we are calm and confident, they will sense that and be more confident as well. If we act stressed and concerned, it will heighten their anxiety to an unhealthy level. With that said, I encourage you to keep teaching as you have been all year knowing that you have the students best interest at heart and that this is the BEST way to help them prepare for STAAR.
I hope you all have a fantastic week!
· March 23rd Kindergarten to Outdoor Learning Center
· March 23rd PLC Meeting
· March 24th Spring Individual and Group Pictures
· March 25th Student Teacher Holiday
· March 29th STAAR -- Fourth Grade Writing, Fifth Grade Mathematics
· March 30th STAAR -- Fifth Grade Reading
· March 24th GT Spring Training -- 3:00 p.m. (date changed)
· April 4th Monday Morning Assembly
· April 6th Team Leader Meeting (moved from April 13th)
· April 15th PTA Color Run -- 5:30 p.m.
· April 20th Staff Meeting
Thought For The Week
“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”