MOM Weekly 8.31.15
It's great to be a Mayan!
PLC's and Walkthroughs
- Please submit your PLC forms through Canvas and not email. Past assignments have been reopened so please turn in. (Kudo's to Art, 100%)
- Can we dedicate the last half of PLC's to parent calls this week?
- Do we need a Canvas training soon since the Dashboard changed?
- Remember PLC's are valuable. Schedule appointments outside of the work day whenever possible.
- Let us know when your doing an annotation activity
- What do you want us to observe?
- 90% of walkthroughs had a DLT last week
Check out the wonderful student artwork displayed throughout the Library windows. Congratulations to Ms. Austin and her talented students.
Mayan Tech Teacher
Mr. Macias did an outstanding job sharing his tech teaching expertise at the Tech It Out event this past weekend.
Thanks to all who participated in the recent 5k to benefit the Access Youth Academy. We all had a great time as we equalized our days indulgences with a great morning jog!
Mayan Tech Teacher
Welcome New Mayans!
Eileen Magaraci: School Nurse
Christopher Shelton: Mild Mod Teacher
Erin Connaghan: Physical Education Teacher
Hopefully later this week we will introduce...
Minerva Weinberger: Parent Liaison
Pia Coleman: Campus Assistant
Robert Woods: Moderate Teacher
2 Instructional assistants for the recently opened Moderate class
Thank you to our spirited staff who participated in Twin Day! Kudos to Mrs. Siglin and the ASB!!!
they did the whip & nae nae instead of dribbling the basketballs. Click or tap the link to see a sample (after the commercials). If they would have done the stanky leg I would have passed out!!!
Library Media Center
Library hours: 7:40-3:30
Our kids have been playing dare games which involve everything from innocent requests to very inappropriate and hurtful acts. Several students have been suspended over the last two weeks for participating in such activities. Continue to educate our kids in being respectful.
You should have received an email to take this training. You can access the course by clicking or tapping the button above. This needs to be completed by December 15th. We will provide time on Oct. 5th but you can complete it anytime prior.