Volunteer to be a Host Family
Host a Teen Boy or Girl from China for 10 Days of fun!
If you are interested in having an International Experience without leaving your home and promoting the growth of international understanding and worldwide friendships, hosting a student from China this summer is the perfect experience for you and your family!
Our Summer Program: 17 students (ages 13-18) from China will reside in your community from July 9 until July 23.
Prince of Life Lutheran Church
13896 S Meyers Rd
Oregon City, OR 97045
Host families receive a $100 stipend per student hosted. (Can host up to three.)
Here are a couple of the students who still need host families:
Haonan is 13. He is a very cheerful and energetic boy. He considers himself very good at lots of sports, but basketball is his favorite. He loves to watch and play it when he has time.
Sharon is 15. She describes herself as diligent and patient. She loves to sing, watch TV, read and travel. Her favorite TV show right now is Friends. She loves animals but dogs are her favorite.
Who can be a host family?
- A couple with or without children
- A single parent with at least one child living in the home
- English must be the primary language spoken in the home
- Each student must have his/her own bed in a private room. A fold out couch, blow-up bed or futon that is comfortable and can be kept as a bed at all times is OKAY! Can share a room with same sex/similar age host sibling
- A family must be willing to share meals.
- A family must be very excited about hosting.
- A family must be warm and giving-willing to spend time with their student during their homestay
- All family members must be receptive and open to the homestay.
Host families receive a small weekly stipend to help offset the cost of having an extra person in their home.
Host this year and travel next year! Check out our sister nonprofit: AILI.US
Compass USA started promoting programs that build intercultural understanding in 2000. Our homestay program helps foster strong leadership skills and English language acquisition. Our staff works as a team to provide quality programs throughout the country. Compass USA homestay and cultural experiences surpass typical vacations or tours. Participants learn to look beyond language, color and customs to discover the true character of others: a process that Compass USA believes will bring people of the world closer together one student at a time.