Serrano Eagles Bulletin
Parent Bulletin - May 2, 2016
It is a Groovy Book Fair week! Stock up on summer reading material so you are prepared to spend the summer vacation exploring books and improving reading literacy and comprehension skills. Ask our amazing Mrs. Atkinson for her book recommendations while you are Book Fair shopping this week. Book Fair open to the public after school M-F.
Happy May! With only seven full weeks left and so much fun and learning to be had, we are excited that May is here.
Looking forward to closing out a wonderful year with all of Serrano.
Have a great week Eagles!
Stay Connected with Serrano
TWEET like an Eagle!
Follow Us on Twitter: @SerranoOUSD (name - Serrano Elementary)
** Tweet your Eagle Pictures to @SerranoEagles and it will show up on our website
Follow Us on Facebook
NEW TO FACEBOOK:
"What are our Eagles doing over the weekend " sports, dance, etc. send your pictures to email@example.com. We can add them to our Facebook page.
What's Coming Up in Week THIRTY-ONE
- Book Fair Opens for Business! A Groovy Time!
- Min Day - Pick-Up K 12:20p, 1st-6th 12:25p
- BRING A FLOWER FROM YOUR GARDEN TO HELP BUILD A TEACHER APPRECIATION BOUQUET
- LUNCH WITH A LOVED ONE - purchase Olive Garden Lunch and Kona Ice Dessert to support Serrano
- EAGLES DINE OUT: Raising Cane's - flyer free - just tell Raising Canes you are there to support Serrano and a percentage of your purchase will go back to Serrano
- Ice Cream Sales
- Muffins with MOM - 7:00a, parking available on Big Apple
- Eagle Spirit Day - Wear your Eagle Shirts
SBAC State Testing - Practice Here!
You too, can help your student, at home, by practicing with them through the SBAC practice test a couple of times before the real thing. Help them become more familiar with the test tools (ex. calculator, keyboard) prior to the test.
To access the practice test:
1. Click link below
2. Click Student Interface Practice and Training Test (green button on right)
3. Leave the login to "Guest" and just click SIGN-IN
4. Select a Grade Level
5. Select EITHER ELA (English Language Arts) or MATH Practice Test (most of the other tests available do not apply)
6. Leave all selections defaulted and click Select
7. Proceed through to start test - HEADS UP - the ELA tests have sound so if you are practicing in a public place you may want headphones
Please call with questions.
Message from your PFO:
- Room Moms - Yearbook Picture Reminder - get your pages assembled, the deadline is nearing
- Also, Room Moms/Dads! If you have an email distribution list of your class, please forward this bulletin on to your class - we still have about 40% of people who are not accessing this important information. Thank you for your help!
Feedback to Influence Next Year
Please take a few minutes to take the planning survey below. And let the office know if you have any questions.