LNC Counseling Corner
New LNC Counselor
We want to welcome our new counselor, Mrs. Taaron Riggins to Lake Norman Charter. She is now the counselor for students with the last name between A-G. You can reach her firstname.lastname@example.org. We are thrilled to have her in our counseling department.
GRADE LEVEL UPDATES
- Senior Meetings have concluded.
- Remaining Freshman Meetings will be held between February and March.
- Sophomore Meetings will be held in groups prior to the end of 3rd quarter.
- Junior Meetings will begin on Monday 1/6/2020.
Juniors - You will be taking the ACT in February.
Please use act.org for free test review. Remember that you do not have to register for this test however, please keep your test score report which contains your ACT ID number. This will allow you to create an account after the test. You will need this account, during the college application process, to send your official test scores.
Registration- Students will be registering for next year's courses starting March 20th and will close on April 9th. We encourage students to discuss course load with individual teachers as well as consider all aspects of their daily school/community activities when making their course selection.
The counseling department will not have individual meetings for course registration, however, please feel free to email any questions/concerns that you may have.
What should Seniors be working on NOW?
- HIghly encourage students to apply for scholarships (it is found under their Class of group, resources, hs counseling, and then scholarships)
- Making your college decision- For some of you there are many things that you need to consider, please take advantage of all opportunities to make the best choice for you (ex. college days on your respective campus)
- Continue to work diligently in your classes and don't give in to SENIORITIS! Even though you have your college acceptance, you still need to maintain or improve your grades for possible scholarship opportunities. You do not want your college to revoke your acceptance due to grades.
Naviance Tasks- Completed by end of 2019/2020 school year
10th Grade Tasks-
11th Grade Tasks -
GRADE LEVEL TO-DO'S
Be mindful of course registration. Be sure to advocate and make sure you take advantage of all resources here at the high school.
Be mindful of course registration. You will also have the opportunity to take college classes at CPCC.
Be mindful of course registration. You will also have the opportunity to take college classes at CPCC. Prepare for the upcoming ACT. Sign up and prepare for your junior meeting. Please look ahead as you should take one SAT prior to the end of this school year.
If you have academic, college, social/emotional questions you want to ask us please use the link below. We will ask those questions and give the answers on our next newsletters.