Randi Aubrey Jolivette

APRIL 27TH, 2015


My partner is Randy Orton. We met when 2013 in Houston. Randy was in Texas because of money in the bank, which was on Sunday December 15. So on Friday the 13th I guess he wanted to see a movie so he went to Deerbrook mall. I to was at the movies that day, and we sat right by each other in during the movie. While the movie was going on we started talking, by the end of the movie we had exchanged phone numbers. We kept meeting up anytime he was close to Houston every time after that. I first found out I was pregnant in August of 2014, I was shocked but also full of excitement. When I told Randy about the pregnancy he happy because he already a daughter named Alana, now Alana can have a playmate. Randy there for most of the pregnancy when he could be. The day I went into labor Randy was not there right away. On April 26th when I started feeling the contractions I called him so he could head my way. Early morning on the 27th I went into labor. About 2 hours into labor Randy came. I was in labor for about 5 hours. Randi Aubrey was born at 5:44 am. When I first held her I was a little loopy because of the medicine. I did a c-section so I still did not have full control of all of my muscles. I remember holding her was the most joy my heart felt in my whole life. I was just so happy that my little girl was finally here. I would definitely do again, but not that many more because I only want two or three children max.


Wednesday Nomember 11, 2015

The first day with my baby was stressful. It was really hard for me to manage time to care for her and myself. During the fist class we had together there was an open chair beside me so Randi sat there while I did my work. However in my second class there was no open seats and Randi had to sit in lab while I did my work. It was very uncomfortable. I was happy that I was able to experience this, its just that I was not expecting that it would so hard with a sack of flour. When I was not doing class work I liked just holding her that was easy, but trying to multitask with her was extremely hard. For my last class which is soccer, I had no one to watch her while I played. So I asked my friend Joana to watch her because she has a concession and can not play for at least 2 weeks. By the time we got home Randi was extremely tired so ate a bottle then went to sleep, she slept the whole night (thank gosh) but would not stop tossing and turning. Which made it hard for me to sleep. Over all the first day was a brand new experience for me I had no I idea that being a mom is so stressful.


I noticed that Randi was not eating anything. I tried milk, milk with cereal, and even just straight baby food. I was getting really worried, so I took her to the doctor. The doctor told me that Randi was experiencing Acid Reflux. One common cause of Acid Reflux is stomach abnormality called hiatal hernia. This occurs when the upper part of the stomach and LES move above the diaphragm, a muscle that separates your stomach from your chest. Normally, the diaphragm helps keep acid in our stomach. But if you have a hital hernia, acid can move up into your esophagus and cause symptoms of Acid Reflux disease. The doctor told me ways to identify if this happen again. The symptoms are heartburn, regurgitation of bitter acid into the throat, bitter taste in mouth, dry cough, hoarseness, feeling of tightness in the throat, and wheezing. Treatment of Acid Reflux includes over-the-counter (OTC) medications including antacids and H2- blockers, prescription medications such as proton pump inhibitors, coating agents, and promotility agents, and in serve cases, surgery. This disease normally last from 4-6 months. As a mother this made me feel sad and frustrated because there was nothing I could do to help my child. I felt useless because I was not able to be Randi out of her pain.
Big image


As new parent I did not know when I should start caring for Randi's teeth. I read blogs that gave tips to help.

  • The first tip was don't give your child milk in bed once teeth have erupted. This will increase the risk of developing cavities.
  • The second tip was use a wet gauze to wipe down your baby's gums, and start using a tooth brush at the age of 1.
  • The third tip was make sure your child is getting enough fluoride. Fluoride is found naturally in water and helps prevent cavities.

As a parent I had no idea that you need to start caring for your child's teeth at such a young age. I thought you start caring for the teeth when the child starts eating real food. Who know that milk could cause cavities.

Big image


Carrying the baby over the past couple of days made me realized that I am NOT ready for children. I was happy when I first started because I thought I loved kids and I just could not wait to a "pretend" mom. After first day that happiness went downhill fast, I became frustrated that could not fully use all of my body parts. I was not mad at Randi I was mad at myself. I was carrying flour and I was having a really hard time I can not even imagine a real baby. By the end of the week I just wanted to free again. And by free I meant no baby! My friends were always excited to see Randi, she made them happy. My family did not really have a reaction to me carrying her. The thing I liked most about the flour baby project was that it gave me a chance to be a mom. The thing I did not like about the flour baby project was that other people were trying to tell me how to do things with my child. I know she was fake but still she is my child and I decide what is best for her. The hardest thing about this project was trying to continue my life with Randi, it was like my life was making no progress.