Sign Up to Participate in the Family Traditions Fair
We are excited to announce that our Annual Family Traditions Fair will be held on Friday, September 29. Our family and student population is rich with celebrations from countries all over the world and this day is one of many ways we celebrate those traditions at Sprague School!
Here is where you come in! What better resource we have than our very own families! We are asking for volunteers to set up a booth at the fair to share a part of your culture! Please sign up to participate.
We would provide you a table(s) and you would set up an activity in which you will present. You can wear a traditional costume, decorate your area with holidays traditions, games, arts and crafts, popular buildings or places, etc.
There will be three sessions to the fair - between 9:30 a.m. and 2:15 p.m. with a lunch break between 11:15 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. Grade levels will be mixed among the three sessions so we ask families who volunteer to attend all three sessions. Once families are signed up, we will share the information. You can create and operate your own booth or collaborate with families!
Here are a few ideas that you can do!
- Have students write their name in your language (You can provide a chart that matches upyour language characters to the alphabet).
- Show students an art form and have them try, such as calligraphy, origami, etc. (You can provide step-by-step directions and materials for students to try).
- Henna/Mehndi on hands.
- Show hands-on artifacts.
- Show a few dance steps and practice.
- Show sports equipment and uniforms.
There are endless possibilities! However, please keep these expectations in mind:
- Is it child-friendly and safe?
- Is it manageable for ages 5-8 years old?
- Is it a make and take activity (no drying time needed)?
- Will there be enough materials for all 3 sessions, if needed?
- Will there be enough materials to have 1-5 students at your booth at one time?
DUE TO ALLERGIES, WE CANNOT OFFER FOOD ITEMS TO EAT OR USE AS AN ACTIVITY.
- No food items, either to eat or handle.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email email@example.com.
If you would like to sign up, please complete the Family Traditions form by
Monday, September 11. We will email you with a confirmation and additional
information after September 11.