Upward Bound Weekly Update
Week of March 8th
Upcoming Test Dates
Test Dates (Registration Deadlines)
April 17th, 2021 (March 12th, 2021)
June 12th, 2021 (May 7th, 2021)
July 17th, 2021 (June 18th, 2021)
What you need to register
- Computer with internet
- Credit card or other payment (UB Fee waivers available)
- Photo of yourself (a headshot)
What to bring test day
- Your admission ticket
- Photo ID
- No. 2 Pencils (bring more than you think you will need)
- Calculator (visit www.act.org to check if your calculator is allowed)
- Watch to keep track of time (optional)
- Water/Snacks for break (optional)
- DO NOT BRING - smart watches, fitness banks, or any other device that can record, access the internet, or has the ability to communicate. Cell phones must be shut off and out of sight.
DID YOU KNOW?
- UB will pay for at least 2 ACT Tests
- Junior year every student gets 1 free test at their high school (usually in March) - Check with your school counselor for details.
- A student make take the ACT as many times as they want
- More than half the students who test a second time increase their score.
- Certain calculators are not permitted in the test (go to www.act.org to see the list)
- If you lose your admission ticket you and print another one on your MyACT account
Upward Bound Recruitment
New Application Deadline - March 19th 2021
Upward Bound is still accepting applications at all 14 of our partnered high schools. If you want to suggest anyone apply to UB please send them to our website (www.etsu.edu/ub) or to the link below.
If you suggest someone and they apply to the program you will be entered into a drawing for a raffle for a $25 Visa Gift Card.