The General's Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 9/18/2017
Sixth graders learn STEAM Center expectations - Respectful, Responsible, Ready to Learn.
Seventh graders discuss school expectations for electronics.
Eighth grade scientists work collaboratively and practice their skills in measurement.
Ed Camp is on October 9th
Ed Camp is a full day of professional development hosted on October 9 for all district staff members on the Eisenhower and Catena campuses. Therefore, parking is limited and it results in many staff members parking on Burlington Road and in the surrounding neighborhoods. We appreciate your patience and consideration on October 9. We are very proud to host the day at Eisenhower. Please know we encourage staff members to carpool, but you will certainly notice an increase in volume.
Morning Drop Off
- Morning drop off begins at 7:00am at both the front and side entrances. Students should wait with their parents until 7:00am. There is no supervision in the building prior to that time; therefore, students will not be permitted in the building until 7:00am.
- Due to the high volume of cars dropping off in the morning, parents are encouraged to drop their child off prior to 7:30am.
- Please note our one-way traffic pattern diagram. See attached map: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXR3JSZVJCelc4RGc/view?usp=sharing
- Drop off is curbside only at the side entrance.
- Please maintain a speed of no more than 5 miles per hour when traveling in the parking lot, to ensure the safety of staff and students.
- Students may only decorate the INSIDE of lockers. Decorating the outside of lockers is not permitted.
Mark Your Calendar
- Thursday, September 21 and Friday, September 22: School Closed
- Thursday, October 5: Picture Day
- Thursday, October 12: PTO Meeting, 8:30am in the STEAM Center
- Friday, October 27: Halloween Social, 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Date change: Bagel sales will NOT begin on Monday, September 18th. We are still looking for Bagel Sale volunteers! In order to begin the Bagel Sale, we need volunteers! If you have an hour in the morning, please email Jen Serluco, PTO President, at email@example.com
- Date change: The Magazine sale will begin in October. More information to follow.
- Our first PTO Meeting of the school year is Thursday, October 12, 2017 @ 8:30am (yes, 8:30am!) in the STEAM Center. Come hear about everything that is going on this year, learn about opportunities to get involved, and see our newly redesigned, absolutely beautiful STEAM Center!
- PTO questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to update/change your contacts in Genesis, please email Mrs. Patmore at email@example.com
- Free and Reduced Lunch Program: For those currently using the government assisted lunch program, please be aware the expiration date is October 23, 2017. In order to avoid interruption in this service, please complete the 2017-2018 application as soon as possible. Please note that any lunch charges incurred after the expiration date are your responsibility. These forms are also to be used by new applicants. Following is the form to apply for Free and Reduced Lunch. English: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXbG5nZ0ZyZTJ1VUk/view?usp=sharing Spanish: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXMFF5dW84Mm5HSzMyZmpfU2FRRXVmdUs0eEdr/view?usp=sharing