The Mustang Minute
September 12th, 2021
From the Principals' Offices...
It's been another fabulous week at BES and BMS! Students and teachers are now officially back in the groove of school. It has been GREAT to get into classrooms and see all the learning that abounds. We are looking forward to several upcoming events to include 6th Grade Camp at Camp Wonderland on September 15th and 16th, the Pediatric Cancer Awareness Gold Walk on September 24th, and the Ready, Set, Glow Fall Fun Run on October 1st! Also, stay tuned next week for more information on Parent Teacher Conferences, which will be here before we know it!
Have a great rest of your weekend, Mustang Families!
Mr. Braden & Mrs. Franz
- 9/13 - Cross-Country Meet @ Union Grove, 4pm; Softball Game @ Home, 4pm
- 9/15 & 9/16 - 6th Grade @ Camp Wonderland
- 9/15- Cross-Country Meet @ Trevor, 4pm
- 9/24 - Go Gold Walk For Pediatric Cancer (students only), during school day
- 10/1 - BFO Glow Run
- 10/11 - No school!
- 10/12 - Picture Retakes
- 10/23 - Fall Fest
- 10/27 & 10/28 - Parent Teacher Conferences
- 10/29 - No school
Middle School Parking Lot Safety
Couple of Reminders Regarding Parking Lot Safety in the AM and PM:
- Doors to BMS open at 7:30am. Please plan on having your student arrive to school no sooner than 7:25am so that we can ensure that they are appropriately supervised until the doors open.
- Walkers: Please be sure to stay on the sidewalks and to cross in the crosswalks only when crossing the parking lot. Crosswalks are located near the front doors and also near the 4/5 wing.
- Bikers: Park your bike at the bike rack in the front of the school. Use the crosswalk near the bike rack to safely cross the parking lot. Do not ride your bike through the lot at any time.
- Parents Dropping 4/5 Students Off: Plan on entering the building on the north side, near the 4/5 wing. Park in any vacant spot and hold your child in the car until all buses have safely exited the area.
- Parents Dropping 6, 7, and 8 Students Off: Please line up in front of the building in a single file line to drop your child off. We thank you for not pulling around other cars to skip ahead in line, as this presents an added safety hazard for our kids.
Academic Lab & Late Bus for BMS Students
The "Late Bus" will also be running to drop off students at home. The late bus will cover the entire district, so the ride home will be a little longer than normal, but it will provide a transportation option for students who have not been able to stay after school for activities or extra help because they didn’t have a ride home. The late bus will be available to all students, grades 4-8, on Mondays-Thursdays, and departs from BMS promptly at 4:30pm.
Please feel free to reach out to Mrs. Franz for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
BMS Door Decorating Contest Results IN!
We LOVE Hot Lunch!!
Perform with Newsies!
Badger High School is offering an exciting opportunity for 4th - 8th graders to sing and dance with the cast of Newsies. Auditions will be held at the Badger High School Auditorium on Monday, September 20th, 2021. Rehearsals and shows will take place Thursday, November 4th - Saturday, November 13th. Please contact Mrs. Bullock (email@example.com) for more details.
From the Athletic Director's Office
What a great first week for Brookwood athletics! The Cross Country team had their first meet on Wednesday at Salem. All of our Mustang runners performed well, and congratulations to 8th grader, Autumn Carr, for placing second! Boys and Girls softball played their first games at Randall on Thursday. Each player battled hard and stayed positive, and the Boys B team won! Thanks to all of our Brookwood fans for coming out and encouraging our student-athletes!
I am looking for student volunteers who would like to take a leadership role in school spirit! If you are interested in planning pep rallies, participating in athletic announcements/game recaps, or creating locker decorations, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by my classroom.
From the Classroom...
Mr. Granahan's Basic Robotics Class
Old News, But Good News...
It’s spirit wear order time! The online store will be open until September 19, 2021. All orders will be delivered at school unless USPS is selected during checkout. New this year: baseball hats and alumni gear!
Lunch Account Information
All students will continue to receive free breakfasts and lunches.
Parents can check their child's lunch account balance in PowerSchool, and can send a cash or check deposit or make an electronic deposit via efunds.