The Bulldog Bulletin
Friday, April 19th, 2019
- MAP Testing continues-April 22-26 (details below)
- Kindergarten Preview, April 23
- Bristol Night at Firenza Pizza, April 23, 4:30 pm-close
- Healthy Kids Week-April 22-26
- PTO Meeting-May 2 @ 7pm
- Blacktop Ball-May 3, 5:30pm-7:00pm
- Webster on Wheels, May 5, 1:30pm
- Early Dismissal-May 10 @ 11:45am
- Crossover Day-May 14 @ 9:15am
- Field Day-May 17
- 5th Grade Party-May 21
- Field Day Rain Date-May 22
- 5th Grade Farewell Celebration-May 24
- Last day of School & Early Release- May 24 @ 11:45am
It's Healthy Kids Week at Bristol!
Next week is Healthy Kids Week and we have a number of fun activities planned for the kids as well as prizes, “Healthy Kids Bingo,” and some raffles in which the kids can participate! For more information about what we have coming up for Healthy Kids Week, please take a look at the PDF below.
We can still use a few volunteers for each day to help make the week as fun as possible. Please follow the link below to volunteer for recess activities throughout the week or to help hand out free fruit to the kids on Monday.
2019-2020 Bristol PTO Exec Board
Many thanks to everyone for their time and service over the past years and we look forward to continued support of Bristol in the future!
2019-2020 PTO Executive Board
1st Co-Vice President:
2nd Co-Vice President:
Meghan McClain Peterson
Bristol Grant Winners!
Congratulations to Sara Wichard (Sound Dome) & Rene Clifton (The Power of Positive) for being awarded grants from the Webster Groves School District Foundation! We are very grateful for the Foundation and their efforts to support our schools! Look below to see all of the grants awarded by the Foundation this year.
Blacktop Ball 2019!
Join us for our annual end of year celebration - Blacktop Ball! Don't miss out on the music and fun! There will be face painting, balloon artists, a DJ, food trucks and more. Have fun trying to dunk the graduating 5th graders while helping the school at the same time!
Support the event and celebrate the end of the year with a limited edition 2019 Blacktop Ball T-shirt designed by one of our own students! Cost is $15 each. Please order online at https://btball.givesmart.com or fill out a form and return it to the school office or your child’s teacher. Don't miss out! T-shirts will be distributed via backpack mail prior to the event. All orders are due by Monday, April 22nd .
Food trucks on the blacktop as early as 5:30! Join us for dinner and music!
- April 16th-24th--5th Grade MAP Testing
- April 17th-25th--4th Grade MAP Testing
- April 23rd-26--3rd Grade MAP Testing
The Missouri Assessment Program or “MAP Test” are assessments used in Missouri is designed to measure how well students acquire the skills and knowledge described in Missouri’s Learning Standards (MLS). The assessments yield information on academic achievement at the student, class, school, district and state levels. Assessments are administered to students in grades 3-5 online unless determined by an IEP/504 plan or otherwise noted.
Feel free to connect with your child's classroom teacher to get more specific information.
How to Draw Pokemon Characters
Please help us with traffic flow
Because of our location arrival and dismissal are challenging. There are a few things that can help:
- No Parking Zones: Please observe designated No Parking zone on W Cedar heading away from Bristol. Cars parked here slow traffic flow and create an unsafe situation at the crosswalk. Thank You!
- U-Turns: Please do not make U-Turns on Gray or in the intersection or Gray & Cedar during arrival or dismissal. This slows traffic flow and creates an unsafe situation at the crosswalk. Thank You!
- Drop & Go: Please refrain from parking and exiting your vehicle during arrival & dismissal times. If you must park please pull all the way down Gray or park on a neighboring street.
Super Fun Soccer Camp
We will be hosting a Kindergarten Preview on Tuesday, April 23rd. If you were not able to sign up for a time slot, please contact our administrative assistant, Terry Mueller at 314-963-6433
During this preview, students will work with one of our kindergarten teachers in classrooms while parents will have the opportunity to mingle in the library as well as meet Mr. Senti, school principal and Ms. Chapman, school nurse. In addition to this opportunity to meet and greet with one another, parents will be given an information card to complete on behalf of your child. Parents will also receive information about our annual home visits. This is a visit for your child to meet their classroom teacher as well as another Bristol staff member.
MQP 2019 Volleyball
The MQP 2019 Volleyball registration link is now active. To register please go to: www.mqpsports.org
for INCOMING boys and girls
3rd grade through 8th grade
is May 12th
Little Statemen Store
The Ambrose PTO has gained permission to open an online Little Statesmen Store specializing in spirit wear for the youngest of children in the district (infants through preschool). The High School Parents Club graciously shared their designs with us so we could be the providers for little kids. Please help our PTO support the Ambrose Center by sharing this information. The store will be open for three weeks so timing is everything.
Link to the store: https://littlestatesmen.itemorder.com
Allergies & Lunch Room Seating
Office Contact Information