Orlando Science High School
WEEKLY NEWSLETTER: AUGUST 14, 2020
Welcome to the 2020-2021 School Year Orcas!
We are excited to see what this year brings for each of our students and families. Every Friday OSS Middle High families can expect a newsletter which includes all of the latest news, events, accolades and more. We wish everyone a happy and healthy 2020-2021 school year!
Dear Orca Families and Students,
Welcome Back! Thank you for your support of Orlando Science Schools! I hope you all had a safe and healthy summer. I am looking forward to a great 2020-2021 school year! Over the weekend and the first week of e-learning, I am glad to see that Orcas joined their first Virtual Orientation Day and started the new school year on a high note!
I welcome our new Orcas to this new school year and our great OSS Family! Each week our "Weekly Newsletter" will be sent home via email and may also be found on our Facebook and Twitter pages. Our weekly newsletters are a great resource to stay in the know of everything going on at your campus. This week's newsletter is filled with many important reminders and announcements to start our year off on the right foot!
During the nine days e-learning period (August 10th – August 20th), students will engage in the following activities:
• Students will explore the Microsoft Teams® as it will be our main instructional delivery platform, and get access to their Student Learning Managements System called OSS-Connect.
• Teachers will set up activities to get to know the students, introduce themselves and engage in ice-breaking activities.
• Students will have an opportunity to continue on their educational journey after August 21st.
• Students will engage in social and emotional learning activities.
• Teachers will start meaningful learning activities. Some instruction will take place however NO marking grades will be assigned during these nine days.
• Teachers can also establish communications with parents and students as we work out any problems and answer questions.
Everyone at Orlando Science is committed to the success of our students and the well-being of their families as we work collaboratively. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 407-253-7304 for Lynx Campus and 407-299 6595 Ext: 3000 for high school campus. We are looking forward to another fantastic year at Orlando Science Schools!
Please stay safe and connected, Orcas!
Abdulaziz Yalcin, M.Ed
Orlando Science Schools-Middle/High
virtual orientation for on campus students
Lynx Campus (6th - 8th)
Wednesday, August 19th, 2020 between 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
High School Campus (9th – 12th)
Tuesday, August 18th, 2020 between 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
OSHS Course Change request
Please see the following details regarding OSHS course changes:
- Currently only scheduling errors will be corrected.
- All schedule change requests will be based on availability.
- Student schedules were made based on data from past EOCs, Report Cards, Teacher Recommendations, etc.
- Due to recent changes with e-learning and traditional learning, we are only able to offer a few elective courses.
- Your request will be processed within 1-2 weeks from the time is it emailed.
- You will be contacted by administration in the event of a schedule change. The student must continue using their current schedule until a new schedule is provided.
- If your schedule could not be changed, the reason will be e-mailed to you and an appointment can be schedule at that time.
- 9th and 10 graders, please contact Mr. Han.
- 11th and 12th graders, please contact Mrs. Bolat.
OSS High School 2020-2021 Handbook
Interested in Robotics? Join us and learn what OSS Robotics is all about!
counseling corner with Ms. Perez
august 14, 2020
Good afternoon Orcas and Welcome Back to OSS!!! I know this year may be starting off in a way we were hesitant about or not expecting, but I’m excited to be able to be with you each step of the way, no matter what that looks like.
For those of you who are new, my name is Ms. Perez and I am the School’s Mental Health Counselor. I help students with anything ranging from friendship troubles and learning new coping skills, to anxiety and self-esteem building. I work both the Lynx and Technology campuses and am available through email and Microsoft Teams as of right now. This is my Counseling Corner of the Newsletter where I share a bit of mental health info each week. Stay tuned, as I also include my famous “Quote of the Week” here as well.
Since the 4th quarter last year looked very different than Innovative Learning, I wanted to share resources to help you all with managing school from home (Yes parents, this can be a helpful tool for you to work from home as well)! A few of the highlights include setting up your workspace to make it an environment you enjoy, setting boundaries for when is time to work and time for hobbies, and finding creative outlets for any boredom you may feel, as well as a few videos on tips for doing school virtually.
Please enjoy this Recommendation and Resource Guide; my email is shared in it, and as always, if you need anything, I’m here to help!
All the best,
OSS TECHNICAL ISSUES?
- request technology
- reset passwords
- request login credentials
- any other issue related to technology
9TH-12TH GRADE 2020-2021 BELL SCHEDULES
ORANGE COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOL 2020-2021 CALENDAR
AP Art Digital Self Portraits
Orlando Science High School's new AP Art Program is off to a great start with Ms. Garrity! Students have begun working on self-portraits in Google Draw. Featured below is classwork from 11th grader, Tien T.
Class of 2020 Senior Graduation
OSS APP available for download
Orlando Science Middle/High has a new mobile app! It is currently available in the App Store® and in Google Play®. You can download the app for free, for access to our school's news, calendars, volunteer opportunities, push notifications and much more!
Download for Free - visit your tablet or smartphone's storefront and search for "Orlando Science Schools"
- For Android, visit Google Play
- For Apple iOS, visit the and App Store or iTunes
If you have any questions or feedback please email email@example.com.
easy ways to give back to oss middle high
Box Tops 2020
AmazonSmile donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Orlando Science Schools via Discovery Education Services, Inc. whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
Office Depot provides the school with 5% back in credits for FREE supplies when you make a purchase of qualifying school supplies. Simply provide the school ID at checkout.
OSES School Code: 70228302
OSS School Code: 70218341