We Are Together Tamanend!
November 30, 2018
Thank You for Reading Our Newsletter!
Link To Unity (L2U)
Congratulations November Boomerang Award Nominees and Winner!
Tamanend Winter Dance--Save the Date
Upcoming Music Performances
The Tamanend Music Department is excited for our upcoming Winter Concert Performances. Here is a snapshot of the groups performing on each night. The concerts both begin at 7:00 PM and are free to our Tamanend Community. Please feel free to invite friends and family to these two concerts. If you have any questions, please email your child’s music teacher.
Thursday, December 6
7th Grade Orchestra
7th Grade Band
8th Grade Chorus
8th and 9th Grade Orchestra
9th Grade Band
Wednesday, December 12
8th Grade Band
7th Grade Chorus
Symphonic Swing Ensemble
9th Grade Chorus
Studying Squid in 7th Grade Science
Mrs. Gamble's, Mr. Lenet's, and Mrs. Wilhelm's 7th Grade Science classes investigated the biological structures and anatomy of squid as part of a lab this week.
Congratulations, Cookie Bosses!
Congratulations to the following Tamanend students who were recently recognized by the Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania as Cookie Bosses. These three girls are go-getters, innovators, risk takers, and leaders. They earned this distinction by selling over 1,000 boxes of Girl Scout cookies in a three-month period last year. Congratulations to…
News from the Student Assistance Program (SAP)
The Student Assistance Program (SAP) has been established in schools throughout Pennsylvania. SAP Programs provide schools with the means to identify, refer, and support students who are exhibiting behavioral, academic, or attendance issues that put them at risk. Tamanend has a team of dedicated school personnel who are trained to assist students, faculty and family members in identifying problems that impact the student’s ability to function in school. The team can also offer students and their families resources to assist them in alleviating these problems. For more information about the SAP Program, please click here. To complete a SAP referral form for a Tamanend student, please click here. The SAP team would like to share the following two resources related to e-cigarettes, vaping, and JUULs below:
Reminder--The Next Meeting of the Tamanend Parent Book Club is January 10
Join us for the Tamanend Parent Book Club. This year, we will be reading Raising Kids to Thrive (2015) by Kenneth R. Ginsburg, MD. The book describes "the Lighthouse Parenting Strategy" in which parents balance unconditional love and high expectations with the goal of raising resilient and happy children. This book club will follow a "no-pressure" format in which the facilitator will present a summary of the chapter and open the floor for discussion. We will share resources and ideas with the goal of helping the entire Tamanend parent community navigate the challenges of raising adolescents.
Meetings are held at 6:30 in the Tamanend Library
Click here for further information, dates, and book information.
Please email Dr. Brian Caughie at email@example.com if you are interested in participating.
News from the Athletic Department
Congratulations to both the 7th and 8th Grade girls basketball teams which started their seasons off with victories!
- If you are interested in participating in 7th/8th Grade BOYS BASKETBALL, an organizational meeting will be held during Advisory on Wednesday, December 5th in the Auditorium. There are several specific items (PIAA physical, Family ID, and concussion testing) that need to be completed prior to the start of the season. Those items are outlined and explained on the Tamanend Athletics web page, which can be found HERE, and will be explained at the organizational meeting.
- If you played a Fall sport, your physical is already on file. Therefore you only need to submit Section 7/Recertification of the PIAA physical.
- If you did not play a Fall sport, you must submit Sections 5 & 6 of the PIAA physical.
FROM CB SOUTH:
- There will be an interest meeting for all 9th Grade Tamanend boys interested in playing volleyball at CB South on Monday, Dec. 3rd at 6pm in the Tamanend Cafeteria. Parents and students should plan to attend.
CB South Ice Hockey News
Game results 11/28 :
- JV : 10-0 win over Plymouth Whitemarsh
- Varsity : 12-3 win over Souderton
- JV: Fri 12/7 vs Souderton 9pm @ Revolution Ice Garden
- Varsity: Wed 12/5 vs Neshaminy 7:20 @ Grundy Ice Arena
Come out and support current and former Tamanend students!
9th Grade Baby Photos for Yearbook
Dear 9th Grade Parents:
The Tamanend Middle School yearbook advisors will be collecting 9th grade baby pictures for the 2018-2019 yearbook. We are inviting you to include a photo memento in your child’s yearbook that he or she will have as a special reminder in their last year at Tamanend. Submitting your child’s baby picture is a great way to honor them in the yearbook at this special time in his or her life. The cost is $5. If you would like to participate in this milestone experience, please make sure that you follow the steps to upload your photo, fill out the bottom portion of the flyer at this link, and submit order form and payment by Friday January 11, 2019 to Mrs. Gerth in room 231.
**We will NOT be accepting photos that need to be uploaded. All uploading must be done on your own to the site mentioned below. The due date for this optional 9th grade yearbook opportunity is Friday January 11, 2019.
Reminder--Early-Bird Online Discount for Tamanend Yearbook
From now until December 31, 2018 the price of the Tamanend yearbook is $35. After December 31, the price will be $40. To take advantage of these early-bird online yearbook specials, click here.
Help with Resources
If you are experiencing a financial hardship, please know that the staff members listed below can help you and your family. We can provide assistance with food, clothing, student fees, internet access, and other issues. Please don't hesitate to contact us:
Brian Caughie, Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Kyle Dudley, Assistant Principal email@example.com
Lauren Myrtetus, Certified School Nurse firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Klein, Guidance Counselor email@example.com
Mandy Cammann, Guidance Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
Reminder--FEAST--Feeding Everyone at Special Times
Please Consider Volunteering at Tamanend Middle School
Reminder--Volunteer Required Paperwork
Pennsylvania law requires all persons having direct contact with school children to obtain background checks and clearances. If you are planning on being in a Central Bucks school during the 2018-2019 school year for any reason, you will need to go to Volunteer Required Paperwork, and complete what is needed to obtain your Photo Volunteer ID Card. You will need that ID Card and a photo ID to enter a CB school.
Reminder--Support Tamanend While You Shop
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop:
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card that gives money to the school you designate every time you shop. Use this link to select Tamanend as your A+ school after August 15th of the new school year.
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS.
Share Good News About Tamanend Students
Ways to Stay Connected with Tamanend
Here is a list of ways Tamanend communicates with students, families, and the community:
- Tamanend website: includes important information, resources, calendar of school events, and daily announcements
- Calendar of school events (posted on our website)
- Daily announcements (scrolling on TV screens during school day and posted on our website)
- TV show (weekly, during Advisory period)
- Email blasts from Tamanend administration regarding important news, new procedures, and reminders
- Parent Portal: student information, grades, and attendance
- Tamanend Connections newsletter: useful information, important reminders, and school highlights emailed weekly during school year and posted on Tamanend website
- Twitter: @CBTamanendMS highlights of activities, events, and daily life at Tamanend
- CBSD app: highlights of activities, events, and daily life in Central Bucks
Para nuestras familias hispanohablantes...
¡Bienvenidos a Tamanend! Yo soy Brian Caughie, Director de Tamanend Middle School. Soy hispanohablante. Pasé mucho de mi vida en España. Estoy aquí para apoyarles a todos los estudiantes y familias en Tamanend. Favor de llamarme or escribirme (en inglés o en español) si Ud. tiene cualquier duda o pregunta.
Correo electrónico: email@example.com
Oficina: (267) 893-2900