Professional Development Offerings...
This ongoing work will focus on understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) as traumatic events that have an ongoing effect on the developing brain. Participants will understand the conflict cycle and and explore strategies for working with students and families impacted by ACEs.
Embracing Change in Education using Technology
Learn to use new technologies such as Dash and Dot Robots and Coding to enhance learning in any subject.
February 21, 2019 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm.
March 21, 2019 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Register using the links above in MLP
BCTC Featured Professional Books Over 100 titles available for loan!
- Teach Like a Pirate by Dave Burgess: Increase student engagement, boost creativity, and transform your life as an educator.
- Teaching With Poverty in Mind by Eric Jensen What being poor does to kids' brains and what schools can do about it.
- Grading Smarter Not Harder by Myron Dueck: Assessment strategies that motivate kids.
- Writing Pathways by Lucy Calkins: Performance Assessments and Learning Progressions K-8
Thinking Ahead... New Technology and Offerings at the BCTC
- DSL Cameras
- Smart T.V.
- Class Set of Chrome-Books
- Expanded Professional Library
- Trauma Informed Instruction PD, dates TBD
Teacher Center Hours
The Teacher Center of Broome County is open Monday-Thursday from 3:30-6:30 during the school year. We follow the Vestal Schools schedule, which includes weather related closings and days off.