What is HIV ?
How do you get HIV or Aids?
- Sexual Contact
- Injection Drug Use
- Pregnancy, ChildBirth & Breast Feeding
- Occupational Exposure
- (Rarely)Blood Transfusion/Organ Transplant
Also through body fluids such as :
- Rectal fluids
- Breast milk
These body fluids must come into contact with a mucous membrane or damaged tissue or be directly injected into your bloodstream (by a needle or syringe) for transmission to possibly occur.
How is HIV spread?
- Having sex with someone who has HIV.
- Sharing needles ,syringes, rinse water, or other equipment("work") used to prepare injection drugs with someone who has HIV.
HIV is NOT spread by:
- Air or Water
- Insects, including mosquitoes
- Saliva, tears or sweat
- Casual Contact
- Drinking Fountains
- Toilet seat
HIV doesn't live long outside the human body.
Signs & Symptoms
There are three stages: The Early Stage Of HIV , The Clinical Latency Stage, and The Progression To Aids.
The Early Stage Symtoms can include:
- Fever(this is the common symptom)
- Swollen Glands
- Sore Throat
- Muscle and joint aches and pains