The Graham School News O'Graham
- Tues. May 17 - Virtual Family Crew - 6:00pm - Click here to join
- Tues. May 24 - Free Produce Drive Thru at TCS@ODU - 4:00-6:00pm (1270 Brentnell Ave. 43219)
- Thurs. May 26 - Symposium Presentations and Awards Assembly
- Thurs. May 26 - Community Presentation Night - 4:30-6:00pm
- Thurs. May 26 - Last Day of School
- Fri. June 3 - Graduation Rehearsal - 1:00-2:30pm at Tree of Life Northridge Campus - 935 Northridge Rd, Columbus, OH 43224
- Sat. June 4 - Graduation - 1:00-3:00pm at Tree of Life School Northridge Campus - 935 Northridge Rd, Columbus, OH 43224
- Wed. Aug. 17 - Thurs. Aug. 18 - Orientation Nights - More details to come
- Mon. Aug. 22 - First Day of School for the 22-23 school year
Haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir) a la derecha para ver esto en español.
Important School Information
Lunch Menu - May
TGS 21-22 Academic Calendar - Updated
TGS Front Office Hours - 7:30am-4:00pm firstname.lastname@example.org
TGS Summer Office Hours (starting June 6) - 9:00am-3:00pm email@example.com
Important Graduation Information
- Thursday, May 26th - Symposium presentation day. Seniors will present their symposiums to underclassmen and invited guests. Seniors are expected to be in school all day. The afternoon will be an awards assembly. Actual presentation times have already been given to seniors. Parents can check in with crew leaders about the times as well.
- Friday, June 3rd - Graduation practice at Tree Of Life School Gymnasium from 1:00-2:30pm. The address is 935 Northridge Rd. Columbus 43224
- Saturday, June 4th - Graduation breakfast at The Graham School from 10:00am-12:00pm. Seniors and staff only.
- Saturday, June 4th - Graduation at Tree of Life School Gymnasium from 1:00-3:00pm. The address is 935 Northridge Rd. Columbus 43224
Caps and Gowns will be distributed by May 18th. More news on that will be forthcoming.
The graduation fee is $50. This fee goes toward graduation processing and venue expenses, as well as the cost of the caps and gowns. Please make your check payable to The Graham School, and note “graduation fee” in the memo. We ask that this payment be given to the front desk TODAY. You can also pay online through the TGS website school store using this link: https://tinyurl.com/tgsgradfee.
Urgent - Returning Chromebooks and Chargers
Dear TGS Families -
All Students who have a school issued Chromebook and charger must return them no later than Wed. May 25. If they are not in use during May Days please return the Chromebook and charger to the front office. This does not include the Chipotle Chromebooks and chargers issued in spring of 2021.
Failure to return Chromebooks and chargers will result in your family being charged for these items ($270 per Chromebook; $50 per charger). In addition, transcripts and grade cards will not be released until these items are returned.
Thank you for your support in getting these resources back to the school so that we can ensure they are ready for use next year!
RJ Larry, Dean
Kathryn Livingston, Dean
Laurel Wakeley, Dean
Is your student returning next year?
Have you completed your student's 2022-23 Annual Registration forms online? Please complete your student's registration today! Your student's spot for next school year is not guaranteed until all annual registration forms are received by the school. This is just for Returning students, New students will be sent information soon.
Already have an account? Use the same login you used for the 2021-22 school year. If you did not create an account last year, you will need to create an account first using the invite code. Your invite code was e-mailed to you. Please contact Bryan Kossmann at: firstname.lastname@example.org OR call 614-262-1111 with questions or to request your invite code.
OneView Login Page: https://tgs.esvportal.com/
- As you set up your account you will be asked to create your own PIN. You will enter your Invite Code in Option 1.
- Once you enter the site, your student's information should be pre-populated into the forms. Double check that the pre-populated information is correct, fix any wrong information, complete new information, and then submit. Check each Section.
- NOTE: Choose Yes or No at the end of each section BEFORE trying to update the information.
- Click here for a How To Document.
- NOTE: Use the Save and Return button, frequently.
- Once you have completed all seven parts, select Save and Return THEN Save and Submit to District.
We are asking our families to help with expenses by paying the annual school fee of $35.00. You can pay with credit card, cash, check or money order in person or by mail. You may also pay with a credit card online via the TGS School Store at this link: TGS Online Store
Thank you for confirming that your student is returning to TGS next year!
The Graham School won the Ohio Auditor of State Award!
Charles Evans Graham - Loyal Friend of TGFS Passed Away
A long-time loyal friend of The Graham Family of Schools (TGFS), Charles (Chuck) Evans Graham, died on May 7. A cousin of Eileen Meers, TGFS founder and retired superintendent, Chuck was great supporter of TGFS for 20 years. He served on our boards, made significant financial contributions, offered counsel, and spoke widely about the worth of our schools to everyone he encountered.
The Charles School is named after him.
He had many sayings that were practical and wise, including frequently saying, "Don't work around a problem." Chuck and his wife Lorna, who passed away in August, were regulars at events that showcased our schools. They will be deeply missed.
Don't Miss Virtual Family Crew - Tues. May 17 at 6:00pm
Click here to join the Zoom Meeting
Please join us for our Family Crew session, Tues. May 17 at 6:00pm to engage and connect with our families and talk about graduation. Each Family Crew session has a specific focus related to the work we do at The Graham School, such as Crew, Mindfulness, Restorative Practices, Social-Emotional Learning, etc. The format of the meetings will be determined each month as we keep an eye on the evolving COVID situation in Franklin County and continue to prioritize the safety of students, families, and staff.
Affordable Connectivity Program
Please check out information and fliers that can be found here from The Ohio Connectivity Champions on the Affordable Connectivity Program. The OCC can support families through the application process. The ACP provides $30 per month discount on internet bills and $100 subsidy for a connected device.
The Webpage for the ACP - https://www.fcc.gov/acp
The Webpage for the Ohio Connectivity Champions - https://www.ohio-k12.help/remotedx/connectivity-champions/
Who Is Eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program?
- A household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program if the household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider's existing low-income internet program;
- Participates in one of these assistance programs:
- The National School Lunch Program or the School Breakfast Program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision;
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits
- or Lifeline;
Please Take this Family-School Relationship Survey!
TGS needs your help with an anonymous survey. The family survey is an opportunity for you to share how the school can create a more welcoming school environment, support student learning at home, and build lasting partnerships that contribute to student success. Thank you for your help!
Free Produce Drive Thru at The Charles School at Ohio Dominican University - 1270 Brentell Ave. Columbus 43219
Do you have co-workers, friends, or family members looking for high school options?
Encourage them to complete an application to be considered for enrollment. Available spaces are starting to fill up. Apply soon to avoid being placed on a waitlist. Click here to complete an online application.
- Completing an online application does NOT commit the student to attend TGS.
Consider attending a Virtual Enrollment Information Session, offered Wednesday, May 25 at 6:00p.m.
Contact Pam Boseker, Enrollment Coordinator at email@example.com or 614-262-1111 (school office) or 1-513-449-0369 (direct number) for more information about The Graham School and a link for the Enrollment Information Session.
When you shop at Kroger and/or Amazon you can help TGS raise money for class supplies!
Go to: www.krogercommunityrewards.com or call 1-800-837-4483 to enroll in the program. Add Graham to your card. You can search for Graham by name or use our school code: IE209, Shop! Every time you shop and use your Kroger Rewards Card Graham gets rebates. Kroger totals those rebates and sends Graham a check.
Amazon Smile gives to The Graham School!
When you make a purchase on Amazon Smile they will donate 0.5% of your total purchase to The Graham School. Go to http://smile.amazon.com/ch/31-1713840 to get started!
Want to be in the loop? Sign up for REMIND!
“Remind is a safe, free way for teachers to text message students and keep in touch with parents.” - Remind website. The teachers & staff at TGS use Remind to update students and parents about school closings, due dates, homework assignments, assessments, school events, and ways to be as successful as possible.
To sign-up for a class simply text the handle for the class (@_____________) to the number 81010. Click here for the class list
Alternatively, you can download the Remind app and use the class handle to join the text group.
Free Covid-19 Tests
Covid Vaccine Locations:
Our partnership with EL Education empowers our teachers to unleash the potential of their students. EL Education is built on ten design principles that reflect the educational values and beliefs of Kurt Hahn, founder of Outward Bound and EL Education. These principles also reflect the design's connection to other related thinking about teaching, learning , and the culture of schools. The Graham School's habits of learning have grown out of the design principles: Self-Direction, Perseverance, Teamwork & Collaboration, Service & Stewardship, and Adventure & Risk.
TGS is a School-wide Title 1 program, enabling us to receive Federal Funds to ensure that our students receive the support they need to reach and exceed grade level goals in reading and math. We welcome parent involvement in planning, review and improvement of Title 1 programs. Please contact Debbie Addison at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
RESIDENCY VERIFICATION NOTIFICATION
Per House Bill 21 community schools are required to perform a monthly review of student files and randomly select families for residency verification. Please contact the school immediately in case of an address change. Proof of residency must be submitted within two weeks of an address change. If evidence is not provided, requests for additional documentation or a home visit may occur.