GCIS Friday Focus 1/20/17
We're Not Here to be average; we're here to be AWESOME!
Special thanks to all the duty teachers and your efforts to keep our spaces in the morning and afternoon safe! Please let me know if there is anything that we may need to adjust.
What's Happening This Week!
Monday: 1/23 Day 4
- Mtg 9:00 am
- IEP 3:30 pm
Tuesday: 1/24 Day 1
- 7:30 am Collaboration
- Mtg: Brenda O. 2:00 pm
- Meeting at 3:45 pm 5-8 Planning Open to anyone
Wednesday: 1/25 Day 2
- Lunch dates
- Genius Hour Group
- Collaboration 2:00 pm
- 504 Meeting 3:00 pm
Thursday: 1/26 Day 3
- Admin Mtg 2pm
Friday 1/27 Day 4
- Mtg w/ Tim 9:30 am
Dress Up Days
Monday- Wear orange day
Tuesday- Wear your favorite sport day
Wednesday- Hat day
Thursday- Chew gum day
Friday- Pajama day
Iowa Assessment Schedule
Ann and I will be meeting this week and going over the Iowa Assessment Schedule for our up coming tests.
If you have any changes or ideas that differ from last year please email myself or Ann with details. Plan to have your Iowa Assessment Schedule out by Friday so you can plan accordingly.
Last year Details....
- Testing was done in the morning.
- Materials were passed out and collected after each testing period.
- Each homeroom teacher had a lid with all materials in the lid, along with pencils.
- Grade levels set their own schedules after the testing.
- Special Schedule stayed the same.
- We sent a note home for healthy snack donations.
- Each grade level got a bag of healthy snacks for the week
- Water and juice boxes were donated for each grade level
- Gum or mints were allowed during testing. (We will ask for these donations too)
Things Coming to Add to the Calendar!
Iowa Assessment Testing Week of Feb 6th-10th
Make Up Testing: Feb 13th-17th
PBIS Winter Bash Friday February 24th
- 7 oaks sledding
- Skateland Jefferson
- Hidden Acres
No School March 1st
Spring Break: March 13th-17th
GCIS Spring Conferences: March 21st & 23rd
- 4:00 pm-7:00 pm