Indian Run Family Update
Indian Run Elementary | February 4, 2022
Hello Indian Run Families,
We hope you have enjoyed our last 2 snow days! Hopefully you and your family found the right balance between rest/relaxation and fun in the snow :)
Please see below for our weekly updates. As always, please let us know if we can help in any way.
Have a wonderful winter weekend,
Amber and Marty
Indian Run Announcements
IRE Ice Skating Party on February 21
Treasurer Needed: Our PTO is in need of a treasurer for the 2022-2023 school year. After volunteering for the PTO for several years and serving as the treasurer on the PTO Executive Board for the last two years, Nikki Ault will be stepping down. We appreciate all that Nikki has done for IRE! If this is a position you might be interested in learning more about, please email our PTO President, Erin Jeffrey, at Erinlyn28@gmail.com.
Doodle for Google Contest
- Your IRE artist may have come home this week excited about the Doodle for Google contest! This year, the theme for the contest is "I care for myself by ..." K-12 students have the challenge of creatively incorporating the letters G-O-O-G-L-E into a drawing that shares their ideas about self care. Students will need your help to fill out the entry form. You can enter online, or return completed forms to Mrs. Christine by Monday, February 28th to be mailed in. More information about the contest is available on Google.
2022 Community Champion Award Nominations
- This spring, the Dublin Chamber of Commerce and Dublin City Schools are partnering to honor the best in volunteerism, giving back, and selflessness with the 2022 Community Champion Awards. Please take a moment to nominate deserving students and staff at this link.
Be Well Topic Interest Form
- Dublin City Schools and Worthington City Schools are partnering to offer learning sessions for parents in our communities. The focus of the program is mental health and well being, topics that are certainly at the forefront of everyone's mind during these challenging times. Please take a moment to let us know what topics are of most interest to you.
DYA spring sports registration now open
- DYA is now accepting registrations for spring sports. Visit our youth activities page for information and links to DYA and other local youth organizations.
- Welcome Warehouse is now One Dublin. Click here to see all the amazing work this organization has done for students and families in the Dublin City School District.
COVID fatigue is real
- COVID fatigue is real. Check out this short article from On Our Sleeves for ways to cope: COVID Fatigue OOS. On Our Sleeves has an abundance of resources related to student mental health and well being.
- Be sure to check out our latest episodes of The Wire.
UPCOMING INDIAN RUN EVENTS
- February: Black History and Women's History month
February 10: Round 2 Covid-19 Vaccine Clinic @ IRE
- February 11: Fair of Hearts Classroom Parties
- February 17: Parent Teacher Conferences (Virtual) (4:00-7:30pm)
- February 18: PD Day for Staff (No School for Students)
- February 21: No School (Presidents' Day)
- February 24: Parent Teacher Conferences (Virtual) (4:00-7:30pm)
- - - - - - - - -
The latest COVID-19 data for Dublin City Schools is posted at this link.
Job and internship fair for students
If your business is interested in hiring students for the summer, or Dublin graduates for their career, join us for Work In Dublin: Job, Career, and Internship Fair on April 12 at Dublin Scioto 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m. You can sign up for this free event at this link.
Important high school testing information
On March 2, all juniors will be taking the SAT test. Freshman and sophomores will operate on a normal schedule but seniors will be working on asynchronous opportunities outside of the school day. There will NOT be Working Wednesday late arrival on this day. More information from your school on asynchronous opportunities will be available as we get closer to March 2.
Additionally, there will NOT be Working Wednesday late arrival on April 13 due to the Algebra end of course exam. All students will attend on this day.
DCS Virtual provides high quality online instruction
Learn more about Dublin City Schools online learning program by watching our new video: https://youtu.be/gl4zZpZi9Bk
Join PERC on Feb. 24 - for “How to Keep Our Kids Safe,” presented by Nationwide Children’s
“Do you know who your kids are talking to or what they are receiving on their phones?”
9:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Feb. 24 at the Dublin Rec Center. Click here for more details.