12.11.2015 Issue #15
Star Ship Report
- Temporary Withdraw - Radheeka Purohit 1Hazlett (returning 1/4/15)
- Winter Holiday Celebrations - I am hopeful that all celebrations can be scheduled for Wednesday 12/23. In your correspondence with Room Parents please be mindful of food allergies and arrange to have suitable options for all students.
- RTI Meetings will not be held in December - teachers reach out to Steve and/or Alyssa if you have concerns that need immediate attention.
- Facilities - Mr. Savizon
Please keep Damian and/or Steve appraised of any concerns that you have regarding the upkeep of your classroom.
- On Course
Please remember to click the POST button in Lesson Planner.
Additional "Help" sessions will be scheduled in January.
We have FINALLY received our PARCC assessment data from Spring 2015 (just in time for the holidays). Teachers you should now have access to the results broken down by school and individual score reports as well as links/resources related to interpreting the scores and information for conversations with parents. Parents will receive a letter from Dr. Smith along with individual score reports in the next few days. I will be scheduling a parent night to discuss PARCC on Tuesday, January 5th. If anyone wants to join me...
- Staff Breakfast - Compliments of Pomptonian
- Grade Level Meetings - 4:00pm
- Special Activity End of Day
- December Birthday Staff Breakfast 8:00am
- Winter Concert 2:15pm
- Winter Concert 7:00pm PAC
- Denim Day
Going where no man has gone before...
12/21 -- Faculty Meeting
12/23 -- Early Dismissal Day
12/24 - 1/1 -- NO SCHOOL / WINTER BREAK
1/4/2016 -- Happy New Year!! -- Please return to work
1/11 -- Grade Level Meetings
1/12 -- Assembly - Franklin Institute "Flight"
9:00am Grades 3,4,5
10:00am Grades K,1,2
1/13 -- Principal's Cabinet 8:00am
1/15 -- Special Activity Start of Day - School Meeting 9:00am - MLK (Kindness)
1/25-29 -- Great Kindness Challenge - school wide
EdSurge -- Innovation Summit
Each year, the Bergen County Association of School Administrators (BCASA) sponsors themed leadership institutes designed to increase collaboration among school districts and instigate leading-edge thinking on a variety of topics. This year, the BCASA is focusing on innovation, and is partnering with EdSurge to offer a free, full-day workshop centered on emerging technology and pioneering trends. Participants will hear from experts and will have an opportunity to hear directly from students regarding their experiences with educational technology. In addition, time will be set aside for attendees to share ideas with developers and create customized action plans.
Workshop date and time:
Date: Friday, February 26, 2016 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Location: Ramapo College of New Jersey, 505 Ramapo Valley Rd, Mahwah, NJ 07430
To Register NOW, copy and paste this link into your browser: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tri-state-tech-for-schools-superintendents-summit-2262016-registration-18978540325
See Video Below