May 21, 2023
As this school year comes to an end we want to send you some important health reminders.
Medications will be sent home in your child's backpack on Friday, June 9, 2023 if you have not picked them up before then. Please check their backpacks upon arrival home. All CONTROLLED medications must be picked up in the front office by 12 pm on Monday, June 12, 2023. Any medication left after this date will be disposed of unless other arrangements are made.
Care plans, Medication Administration forms and Unique Mealtime Needs forms must be submitted yearly. If you need a specific healthcare plan that is not linked here, please reach out to your school nurse.
We will begin accepting medications on August 17, 2023. Please make sure that all medications are in a labeled prescription box/bottle or they cannot be accepted. Please drop off the medication administration form with the medication at the front office.
If you have a student who is enrolling as an out of state transfer, a NC Health Assessment form and an immunization record is required to be submitted within the first 30 days of school.
Below is the volunteer form for testing. Please let me know if you think anything needs to be changed or added otherwise, please send it out to parents.
Schedule for the Week (5/22-5/26)
**No school for students on Monday (5/29)
AIG News Letter
Our AIG Department is wanting to share with you what is going on in AIG. Click HERE IS THE LINK to access the AIG News Letter.
Message from our Booster's Club
- Band Donations - Thank You!
- The PTA and the Booster Club organizations both provide funding to support our band.
- Specifically, the Booster Club has provided more than $7000 in funding/stipends for the band this year.
- We couldn't do it alone though and want to thank all the families that donated more than $4200 via the Swing Dance Fundraiser and our Spring Concert.
- Donations will help buy instruments, pay guest instructors and continuing education for Ms. Clemens.
- New Afterschool Club - Boys Basketball
- Pollard will have a new after school boys basketball club for 6th and 7th graders during the winter of 2023-24.
- We are looking for 1-2 club leaders.
- If you are interested, please email us at email@example.com.
- Information for interested students will circulate next September/October.
- Summer Basketball Camp - August 7th-10th (9am-12pm)
- The Booster Club has partnered with Youth Hoops to offer a co-ed summer basketball camp at Pollard.
- Ages: 10-14
- The registration link is here and cost is $168.
Message From the PTA
EOG Proctors Needed: May 26 - June 2
Please fill out this Volunteer Form if you are able to be a Proctor for EOGs:
*All information and dates are listed on the form.
FIELD DAY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Wednesday, June 7 from 8:15am-12pm
Sign Up Genius Link to secure your spot: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0548adac28a57-pollard1#/
*Please email Coach Sipe with any questions or comments about your availability: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMER THRIFT SHOP DATES coming soon!
*EXCITING NEWS! Volunteer Hours will be DOUBLED this summer!!!
*Would you like to be a Supervisor for a Work Group and earn even MORE MONEY for your favorite program? Please contact Thrift Shop Rep Emily Patterson at email@example.com and she can answer questions and arrange your 1-hour training.
For more information please visit our PTA webpage: https://pollard.memberhub.com