Mrs. Zaputil's Weekly News
What's happening in 3rd grade?
One FANTASTIC Group!
Friday Mail Envelope
Wonders ELA Curriculum
Look for Unit 1 Week 1.
Every week there's also a reading assessment that accompanies the week's reading instruction. These tests will be administered on chromebooks, but the first week, students will take the test using paper/pencil. Then, our plan is to have students enter their answers online after they finish the test for practice.
If your child would like to get a jump start on what's to come for ELA this week, you may click on this link Wonders Unit 1 Week 1.
What's ahead this week:
- 1.1 Fact Families
- 1.2 Missing Addends
- 1.3 Addition Properties- order, identity, grouping
- 1.4 Two-digit Addition
- 1.5 Two-digit Subtraction
Book Orders Due Friday, September 4th
- Send the completed order form back with your child's name and a check.
- Or, you can order online by going to https://clubs2.scholastic.com/ and using our classroom code J3PHT.
Classroom Wish List
Dates to Remember
Please remember every Wednesday, students are dismissed at 2:00. All other days we dismiss at 3:10.
- Thursday, September 3rd: Fall Testing (substitute)
- Friday, September 4th: Book Orders Due
- Monday, September 7th: Labor Day- No School
- Monday, September 14th: K.I.D.S Group Meeting 6:30pm (Elementary Library)
- Wednesday, September 16th: 3rd-5th Grade School Pictures