Middle School Weekly Update
Middle School End Of Grade Test Schedule
Please review carefully, the dates for the End of Grade/Course Testing for this school year. Please make every effort possible to be present for testing dates. The last month of school is jam-packed with so many things so every day is important. Test make-up time is limited and unfortunately, the only day for make-ups falls on our middle school fun-day so be aware in advance that if you miss an EOG day, you will likely miss out on the field day/fun day to make it up.
Yearbooks Distributed This Week!
2023-2024 Academic Calendar Updates
The following changes have been made to the 2023-2024 Academic Calendar to help us better accommodate mandatory testing requirements:
- The Teacher Workday on Monday, October 9 has been moved to Friday, October 13
- The Teacher Workday on Friday, March 15 has been moved to Monday, March 11
- A High School Exam day has been added. High School exams will now begin on Thursday, May 23. Friday, May 31 is now an EOC Make-up day.
Once the College Board has announced the AP Exam Schedule for next year, we will update the 2023-2024 Academic Calendar on the school website.
Plan to Return to Gray Stone Next School Year?
As we start planning for the upcoming school year we need to know your plans. Our assumption is that every student is returning next year unless we hear otherwise.
If you know that your child will not be returning to Gray Stone in the fall, please help us by filling out this form, (even if you fill the form out now, your child's last day enrolled will still be 05/26/23). By doing so you are helping us get your child’s records to the right place and opening space for those waiting patiently in our application pool.
Thanks for your help and patience as we seek to finalize scheduling and registration for the 2023-24 school year.
Schedule for the Final Week of School
Monday, May 22 - 6th Grade Math EOG & 8th Grade Reading EOG
Tuesday, May 23 - 7th Grade Math EOG & 8th Grade Science EOG
Wednesday, May 24 - EOG Make-Ups & Middle School Field Day/Fun Day
- WHAT-A-BURGER FOOD TRUCK LUNCH (see menu & prices below - Cash or Visa/MC accepted)
Thursday, May 25 - Middle School Talent Show
- DOMINO'S PIZZA LUNCH SERVED
Friday, May 26 - Middle School Awards Ceremony @ 8:15; LAST DAY (half-day - dismissal @11:55).
- 8th grade parents invited to attend
- 6th/7th grade parents will be invited if child is receiving an award
- NO LUNCH SERVED
What-A-Burger Food Truck Menu for Wednesday, 5/24
On Wednesday 5/24, students will participate in a field day/fun day. For lunch, the WAB food truck will be on campus as a special treat! Students will either need to bring a packed lunch or plan to purchase from the WAB food truck that day because the regular catered lunch will not be available. The menu and prices are below so everyone can pre-plan for cost and come prepared already knowing their order.
Here are the times each grade level will visit the food truck for lunch:
10:30 -11:15 WAB Food Truck Lunch - 6th Grade Advisory Groups
11:15 - 12:00 WAB Food Truck Lunch - 7th Grade Advisory Groups
12:00 - 12:45 WAB Food Truck Lunch - 8th Grade Advisory Groups
Lunch Menu - May 22-26
- Pasta (Meat or Alfredo Sauce), Garlic Bread, Side Salad
- Southern BBQ, Mac & Cheese, Salad Bar
- What-A-Burger Food Truck Available for Purchase
- Students not wishing to order from the food truck, must bring a packed lunch.
- Pizza (Cheese or Pepperoni)
- Please be reminded that the Spirit Shack is now closed for the school year. Drinks will not be available for purchase during lunch on Friday, May 19 and beyond. Bring your own drink or plan to purchase one from the drink machines.
- 1/2 day - NO LUNCH SERVED
Sports Physicals/EKGs at BOA Stadium for HS Athletes
See the attached Spring Sports Update (click on the button below)
Gray Stone Day School
Don't forget to reserve our spirit wall for upcoming special occasions. Renting the wall will allow you to display school spirit, celebrate your child’s birthday, or post staff/student appreciation. Please read the guidelines attached in the below PDF before contacting the front office to reserve.
Reservations will be available on a first come, first served basis.