Bertram Family Connection
September 13th, 2021
- September 13th-17: Celebrate Freedom Week
- Friday, September 17th: T-Shirt Orders Due (See Below)
- Friday, September 24th: End of the 1st 6 Weeks Grading Period
- Tuesday, September 28th: PTO Board and Committee Interest Meeting (See Below)
- Tuesday, October 5th: National Night Out hosted at Bertram Elementary 5:30-8:30 pm
The BCISD 2021-2022 school calendar can be accessed here. Be sure to mark your calendars!
A note about Afternoon Car Rider Pickup
We have had a couple of slower starts because cars are joining the line through the parking lot. If you enter the line this way, teachers will not know you are here and you will have to wait for us to find your student once you get to the line.
We have sent home all requested Car Rider tags so please check your child's backpack. If you need a tag, please email email@example.com.
Drive by the gym
Be sure to enter the parking lot by driving by the gym.
Hang your tag
Be sure the car tag is hanging from your mirror to ensure it is read by the Car Rider Pro box. Tags inside the glove box will not read.
Your Child Will Be Ready
When you drive by the Car Rider box at the gym, you child is put on a list that teachers under the pavilion can see. This is how we are able to have them ready for you at the pick up line.
Hang your tag
Think College Thursday & Spirit Day Friday
On Fridays, we celebrate being Bertram Bulldogs by wearing green or our Bertram or Burnet t-shirts! PTO is selling Spirit Wear through September 17th. Please order online at www.xlr8.com and follow the directions on the flier below. Shirts are sold at cost. This is not a fundraiser.
PTO Board & Committee Interest Meeting - Tues. 9/28 6pm
Open Board Positions (elected from members):
- Vice President
- Recording Secretary
- Communications Secretary
- Student Enrichment
- Teacher Appreciation
As a reminder, joining PTO is free. Please email BertramBulldogPTO@gmail.com for membership information or questions.
From Mrs. Wyatt, School Counselor
Title 1 Parent-School Compact Input Opportunty
DIVA Dawgs start September 18th
Attached you will find our lesson topics and meeting dates for September through May of 2022.
This is a great opportunity for our 3rd -6th-grade girls to grow in Courage, Confidence, and Character as they give back to this community and the philanthropic cause that they vote on at the September meeting.
As we stress at our first meeting of the year, this program gives our young ladies a platform to perform community service projects and spread kindness in their families, our schools, community, and across the GREAT State of Texas.
Parents, be looking for a more detailed email pertaining to bus transportation next week.
Free Adult GED & ESL Classes - Community Action’s Adult Education program for Burnet County
Teachers & staff have shared a few of their favorite things. If you are looking to celebrate or appreciate your teacher click here. Staff are listed alphabetically by last name.
Please complete the Self Reporting Form to report a case of COVID-19 or orders to quarantine due to close contact from a medical professional. This form is for both students and campus visitors.
Transportation Changes Information
Our school is growing and it is important that everyone know and follow the transportation change process.
- If your child has a change in transportation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 1:30 pm. This includes daily changes and permanent changes. Please indicate in your email if the change is just for today or if it is for every day.
- At 1:30 pm, this email box is checked for a final time and all changes will be made.
- After 1:30 pm, we print the transportation lists for teachers and dismissal staff.
- No changes will be accepted after this time.
- If you have an emergency, you may call and speak to Mrs. Harris about the situation and we will work together to support your student.
- Voicemails, notes, text messages, phone calls, and emails to any other email address are not acceptable changes of transportation and will not be processed.
- We do not accept transportation changes from students. Parents and guardians must communicate any changes by using the email@example.com email address.
Drop Off and Campus Visitors
Starting Thursday, August 19th through September 18th, families and visitors will need to check in with their ID in the office starting at 7:25 am in order to walk to classrooms. Families and visitors will not be able to enter the classroom.
To ensure that all students are adequately supervised, teachers are not available for parent conferences at this time.
Once instruction begins at 7:40 am, families and visitors will not be permitted to walk to classrooms unless they have a prearranged meeting with a teacher or staff member.
Birthday Treats & Forgotten Lunches
Birthday celebrations are reserved for the last 15 minutes of the day. Please communicate with your child's teacher if you intend to send in treats. They will be able to let you know the specific time.
At this time, parents may not visit the classroom for birthday celebrations.
If your child forgets their lunch, you may drop it off at the office. If your child does not have a lunch at lunchtime, they will be served a free hot lunch.
Click here to log into Skyward Family Access to view your student's grades, attendance, progress reports, and report cards.
Complete an application for FREE or REDUCED priced lunch here. You can also add money to your child's lunch account by logging here.
Bertram Elementary School
- 7:15am Student Drop Off/ Breakfast
- 7:25am Office Opens
- 7:40am School Begins
- 7:45am Students arriving after this time are marked tardy
- 9:00am Students not in attendance are marked absent
- 1:30pm Any transportation changes DUE, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2:30pm All Early Checkouts must be complete - Remember to bring your picture ID to complete early check out
- 3:20pm Student Dismissal
- 3:45pm Office/School Closes