Weekly Update 4/25 to 4/29
Monday, May 2
Chelsie is back!
Staff Appreciation Week: Book donation to classrooms
1st grade field trip to Milwaukee Art Museum and Discovery World 9:00-2:30
School supply lists to Carol
PBIS Kickoff (videos air in classroom)
Tuesday, May 3
Staff Appreciation Week: All School Breakfast 7:30-8:40 am
Staff Appreciation Week: Super Hero Certificates
Final Falcon Flyer of the year goes out
Wednesday, May 4
4th grade field trip to Jefferson county farm 9:35-1:15
Thursday, May 5
Staff Appreciation Week: Taco lunch
4th graders to NHI for a visit and lunch 12:30-2:00
4k and 5k roundup at 4:30 and 5:30 pm
Friday, May 6
Staff Appreciation Week: Fruit or sweet treat to teachers
4k field trip to Eberts Greenhouse
Jeremy Nelson WISN 12 here for 2nd grade weather demonstration
District set - end of the year requisition purchasing deadline
F and P testing window: April 11-May 20 (Details in Rebecca’s email 4/8/16)
PALS testing window April 25-May 20 (Details in Rebecca’s email 4/8/16)
May 9 - Pam Casey holds Teacher meeting in library 4-4:30 pm
May 10 - BLT Meeting 7:30-8:15 am
May 10 - Sprout Tasting Day in the cafeteria
May 12 - PTO Meeting 6:00 pm in the library
NO STAFF MEETING
Please RSVP to the survey link so the PTO can plan appropriately for the number of people attending: http://goo.gl/forms/pRT0wDn8QA
PBIS Updates - JEANS!
Thanks for a great month of April with "Are you in check?" The kids have really bought into it! As a thank you to all stafffor implementing this, you may wear JEANS ON MONDAY & FRIDAY THROUGHOUT THE MONTH OF MAY!
May/June Focus: Theme = FINISH LIKE A FALCON
The kickoff video will be aired 5/2, video in the classroom, Breaking News done by Rebecca and Dee.
This month’s focus is essentially reteaching of our 4 expectations.
- Teachers are encouraged to reteach expectations and remake Y charts within school settings including learning areas within their classroom.
- Teachers are encouraged to pass out Falcon Feathers which will be collected and turned into the office daily, please use the feathers you have and more will be placed in mailboxes. The feathers will need to be counted daily with a goal of 1,200 for the month (5/2-6/3).
- Feather amounts be shared at announcements 2-3 times per week
- Prize feather picked every day and the winner will down to the office to receive their buy-one, get-one free movie ticket, either at regular announcements or the end of each day….
Common Planning for Remainder of Year
With MAP and PALS testing coming up, we are going to have a couple weeks of planning on your own with your teammates.
- Week of May 2: Common planning on own
- Week of May 9: Common planning on own
- Week of May 16: Preliminary class placements
- Week of May 23: Class placements revisited (all meetings will take place Tuesday, May 24th due to Friday 5/27 off)
- Week of May 30: Fall intervention placement (move 4th grade to Friday due to Memorial Day)
- CLASS PLACEMENTS: We will soon begin the process of developing class placements for the 2016-17 school year. If you would like to request that we consider a special circumstance regarding your child's placement next year, all requests must be made in writing (via email is acceptable) to Mrs. Yearling at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 16th at 8:00 a.m. From time to time, teachers may change assignments, so rather than request a specific teacher, please describe the type of learning environment your child needs to be most successful. We will do our best to accommodate requests that are made; many factors are considered as we decide the make-up of each classroom. Please know we always have the best interest of each child in mind when these thoughtful decisions are made.
Planning Technology with Chad Lehman
- 5K = Wednesdays between 1:30-2:30
- 1st grade = Wednesday from 12-12:30
- 2nd grade = Wednesday from 12:30-1:00
- 3rd grade Turner = Thursday from 10-10:30
- 3rd grade Meschler = Thursday from 10:30-11:00
- 4th grade = Thursday from 1-1:30
Reflection on Literacy Commitment Statements
Don't forget to check out the commitments posted in the lounge. If you're looking for ideas of how it's going for others, take a look at other teachers who agreed to "commit" to the same areas.
- What worked?
- Did you find anything ineffective? If so, how did you revise your plan?
- Were there any benefits that you weren't anticipating?
- How feasible will this be for all staff to add to their programming next year?