Mrs. Koontz's Newsletter
September 8, 2015
- School fees are $6.00. Please make all checks out to SFL.
- If you have any extra containers of disinfecting wipes, we would be very happy to have them. We go through them very quickly.
- Please be sure to check your child's backpack for a good supply of paper, pencils, and dry erase markers. We are quickly depleting our supply of them. Also, it saves on tissues if your child has a clean sock for erasing marks made by dry erase markers.
- We eat have lunch each day at 12:55. It makes for a long morning. Please send a snack in with your child each day.
- We have PE on Tuesdays. Students must wear tennis shoes (sneakers) to participate in PE.
Please do not worry that your child is not mastering concepts if they are having some difficulty with their homework. Remember, this is new for all of us. Students are encouraged to bring their math journals home when they have homework (remember, this is not every night). Daily notes taken in class go along with homework assignments. The goal is mastery by the end of the year. If there is an issue with your child grasping these concepts, I will let you know.
For more information, go to the link below:
In this unit we will explore the relationship between magnetism and electricity. Students will even learn a small amount of physics and subatomic theory (fancy, I know). We will conduct some investigations involving the different types of electricity as well as how magnets work. You will be amazed at how much your child will learn.