November 30, 2020 Principal Message
Jeffreys Grove Magnet Elementary
Special Message for 4th and 5th Grade Cohort 2 Families
Dear Jeffreys Grove Families,
We hope you’ve had a relaxing and safe Thanksgiving Break! The Jeffreys Grove staff has much to be thankful for including the return of 4th and 5th graders in Cohort 2. As we get ready for them, here are a few reminders:
- Plan your arrival time for carpool (8:45-9:10am) - we have to complete health screenings and temperature checks for ALL students.
- Pack your pencil box and the school supplies your child's teacher has requested.
- Pack your device every day plus the charger in case teachers need you to have your WCPSS device.
- Families with their own personal device are welcome to send it as well, we will send a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) form home so you can return that form to us - not required, but students can bring personal devices.
- Breakfast and Lunch are FREE for ALL students. Students can bring their own lunches as well if they choose.
- Wear a mask. Pack an additional mask if you think your child needs to switch out masks midday. If not, don't worry. We have masks on campus to share with students as needed.
- Bring a refillable waterbottle. Don't worry if your child doesn't have one or forgets - we have disposable cups and donated water bottles as we will not be using the water fountains to directly drink from.
- If you have the student attestation form completed, please send it in. If not, we will send a copy home for you to sign and return.
For additional information, please refer to the Return to Campus Guide which contains a link to the first semester calendar that lists cohort rotations by weeks.
Reminders this week
- December 2 - remote learning asynchronous day - no live learning
- December 11 - remote learning day - synchronous instruction continues
If you are looking for ways to get connected with the JG PTA and other Jeffreys Grove families, I invite you to join Memberhub. The Jeffreys Grove PTA uses Memberhub as a means of communication with families throughout the year. Cheri Thomas, the JG PTA President, sends out a weekly newsletter, providing "save the date" information, fundraising updates, advocacy information, and other school-wide information. Please click here to join Jeffreys Grove Memberhub."
As always, please reach out to either Ms. Scott or myself for support. We are more than happy to answer questions, address concerns, or provide guidance when needed.
VIRTUAL ACADEMY - SPRING REGISTRATION
The registration window for the WCPSS Virtual Academy for elementary students for the spring semester will be Dec. 2-9.
This registration window will allow:
- Currently registered WCPSS Virtual Academy students the opportunity to return to in-person instruction during the spring semester;
- WCPSS Virtual Academy students registered for fall only to continue in the WCPSS Virtual Academy for the spring semester; and
- Students who are not currently registered for the WCPSS Virtual Academy the opportunity to register for the spring semester.
Students who are registered in the WCPSS Virtual Academy for the entire year and who wish to remain registered for the spring semester do not need to take any action.
Students who are not currently registered for the WCPSS Virtual Academy and who do not wish to register for the spring semester also do not need to take any action.
Please note that this is for PreK-5 students wishing to register for the WCPSS Virtual Academy.
Families of students currently enrolled in a WCPSS Pre-K program who want to register their Pre-K student for a virtual learning option will receive specific information from their Pre-K teacher regarding that process. More information about Virtual Pre-K is available here.
Registration and Attendance Information
Families may apply and find more information at www.wcpss.net/Virtual-Academy.
Registration forms will be available online Dec. 2 for elementary schools. If you are interested in registering your child for the WCPSS Virtual Academy but your child is not currently enrolled in a WCPSS school, you will be directed to Student Assignment from this site.
Please know that providing your child with the best possible environment for learning is our priority. Thank you!
JG BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL CARE RE-OPENING
Jeffreys Grove WCPSS Before/After School Re-Opening 2nd Semester (January 20, 2021):
Registration for before/after school will be Nov 30-Dec 4, 2020. Information, pricing and registration forms can be found here.
Spaces will be limited and will be on a first come first served basis. Please submit an application form and registration fee to the front office. Registration fees are $15.00 per child/per program.
Hours of operation: Before Care 7 to 8:45 AM After Care 4 to 6 PM
Contact Person: Lisa Sullivan (email@example.com)
Hello JG Community,
I hope you had a safe and enjoyable break! I'm excited to be able to start visiting classrooms with our Plan B students in the month of December! I will also continue to enjoy visiting with our VA classes virtually during their morning meetings! Click on my newsletter link below to read about the guidance lessons I will do this month with our Eagles. You can also see the character strengths that we will focus on with the Positivity Project for the month of December.
Take care and SOAR on Eagles!!
Mrs. Jacobs, School Counselor
WINTER BREAK MEAL BUNDLES
The Winter Break Meal Bundle will include 8 Breakfasts and 8 Lunches. 1 Meal bundle per child. You do not have to be a WCPSS student to receive meals, only 18 years of age or younger to qualify. The meals will be provided AT NO COST.
When ordering, please remember that you must have sufficient cooler/freezer space to store the complete bundle for each child; 8 days (breakfast and lunch).
Complete the Winter Break Meal Bundle Form by Tuesday, December 1st.